3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lets see your smallish longbow quivers  (Read 832 times)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
lets see your smallish longbow quivers
« on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
Thinking about a bow quiver this year. I have a "bulky" selway slide on that works actually purty good but I would like something with less weight. Whats the best for the best price. I`m talking a 4 arrow quiver. ...I miss a lot.RC

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lets see your smallish longbow quivers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Go with the Thunderhorn mini Boa.  I've got 2 of them and really love them. They are easy to transfer from one bow to another and hold arrows on the bow without slippage.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
Thunderhorn Small-Fry

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
RC,

I was in the same boat couple years back and went with Eagle Flight Quiver's. I feel that they offer the right amount of weight/balance to a bow. They are easy to move bow to bow and work on both LB's and recurves equally well. They are a Tradgang sponsor and good folks to deal with.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
I used to be a Thunderhorn man, and liked them very much. However once my friend John Dill, of Anneewakee Archery, started designing and producing his Kinati Quivers, and got me to try one - I've never looked back He has kept improving them - and they were top notch to start with in my opinion, but John never rests. He's great to deal with too. Now he has a new one 'specially for broadheads (Single blades). He calls it the "Slim Jim" and I will have one on my Anneewakee Addiction bow befor the hunting season starts - count on it. Let me scout up a couple of pics and then you can also check his web site (in the sponsors list here). However The Slim Jim hasn't had time to "pose" for pics yet for the web site. Too busy being installed on happy bows - LOL.

Here's some of the Slim Jim (my current favorite), and I'll be back with some of his regulars:

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Here are a couple of John's regular Kinatis, which you can see more of on his Anneewakee Archery Web Site (in the Sponsors List, at top of pages here):

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
My favorite is the 4 arrow Cherokee.

http://www.eaglesflightarchery.com/quivers.htm

I sold it to a friend and regret it.  I'm currently using one of the bigger ones with the totem system, and it feels too heavy/bulky to me.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Haven't tried a Kanati, but they look great.

But I do know that for a simple, stylish, functional, and super light quiver....you can't beat an Eagles Flight!

Click on Marty's link above, there great and made by a great guy    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Yep....the Eagles Flight and Anawakee are the best light quivers I've used.  If you want the lightest of those two, I believe the lightest on is the Eagles Flight.

Robert, either are GREAT on Longbows cause they are so light.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
RC,

Another option is the Great Northern Longbow Quiver...holds 5 arrows and weights 8 oz.

http://greatnorthernquivers.com/

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
I have never used the four arrow version but I liked the two arrow Skookum with piggybackers to hold the third arrow when I used a bow quiver.

You could use the three arrow slim jim that ber643 posted with a set of piggybackers to add a fourth arrow.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Thanks fellas. I got tell ya I know a bow quiver is better for hunting a long way away from the truck like I do or even for short walks carrying a stand but shooting with one on the bow feels much different than without.I put my old selway on a while ago and it feels like someone is holding the bow with me when I shoot. I`m starting to think Safari Tuff..RC

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
There are several well made quivers available. The Eagle's Flight Archery bow quivers are the lightweight champion with the 3 arrow Mini weighing about 3.2 ounces. The 4 arrow standard size weighs about 5 ounces.

"Travel Light With Eagle's Flight"!

:archer2:  

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Robert,  I know folks that have put an EFA quiver on their longbows and said it didn't feel a bit different. They really are super light wight.

Safari Tuff is another great option!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
I'm with you RC I've never hunted with a quiver but picked up a Kanati at Comptons. I'm going to give it a go this season to see how I like it. I think most of it is simply getting use to something different.

The reason I am trying it is my Centaur really feels better to me with some extra weight as I am use to shooting a three piece TD.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm with TJ.  I bought the same quiver out of the classifieds and it fits nicely on my Massie l/b.  I love the angle.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Good looker there, KYTJ. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess, with or without a bow quiver I seem to shoot the same. They just don't seem to have that much effect on me - even back when I used a heavy ol' rubber Selway, when I first tried a bow quiver, years ago. I've had two bows with  Kinatis on them, before I went to all primitive for three years (then I had to carry my hunting arrows in a little 3 arrow Quickee in my hand). I was so happy when John showed me his first proto-type "Slim Jim" , I couldn't hardly contain myself (since I'd recently gone back to a wood/glass lam bow.) It'll be such a boon to be able to carry my 3 arrows on my bow again when I go to the woods - LOL. Oh, and I saw in a post of John's the other day that the Slim Jims will be compatible with a piggy back of some kind  so one can carry a "stumper", Judo, etc. along also, if you want to.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
I've second the Great Northern.  There has been one on my hunting bow for many years and I'm still happy with it.  I have a spare you are welcome to try.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
check out a big jim quiver, nest out there..i had him make me a small hood quiver that held 3 broadheads and a blunt..wirked great and he now has them readily and they are newer and improved more now..stil has the best hook-up system out there that will not move

here are some pics:
here is daddys quiver..3 interceptors and a hammerhead:

here is mine

better look at daddys

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Robert I have had the Selway slide on, the Great Northern adjustable,and Eagles Flight and a Kanati, all very good quivers.  I currently have a four arrow Kanati on my Morrison Shawnee and love it, it is light, solid and quiet.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©