3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Zipper thoughts out there?  (Read 927 times)

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Zipper thoughts out there?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
That all ebony SXT that I saw at Denton Hill was simply gorgeous!

Zipper's are world class bows!
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Ron,
Right now I have 2 SXT's. One SXT with Classic limbs and another with Evolution limbs. In my opinion there isn't a better recurve out there!!!  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  The thing I really respect about Bill is that he is always trying to build a better bow. He never stops working on improving his bows. And there customer service is top notch. Not to mention all his bows are so beautiful!!! You made a wise choice my friend !!!! Enjoy the new bow.

Bill

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Can't wait to get my riser back and to get familiar with this old girl!!!Good to hear so much positive stuff!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
You know how I feel about them.My favorite  recurve.Mine are older but they all have class.Youll probably stop your incessant horse trading for a while now. Zippers will pinch ya,,, I mean hook ya. See you in Jewett.

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
These bows are definately on my short list.I don't know a bow Felix doesn't shoot well.I tell ya its in that darn Cheese!lol.Gots ta find me a Zipper.They add so many nice new models its confusing!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »
Steve,it is really confusing with all this choices and....addicting.But I think a Zipper worths a try.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
cacciatore, is that Zebra wood or bocote in your riser?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Ron,it is zebra and cathedral cut zebra venners.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
That's just a really nice wood combo, very tasteful!!

Offline VAshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
Not only are these great bows but Bill and Tracy Dunn are great people to deal with. The grip on these bow are second to none.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Can.t beleave there isn't more info on such a great bow and the dealers.
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Most of what I have heard or seen on Zippers came from people who own them and love them. I know they were great to talk to at Denton Hill. The web site has a lot of stuff on it also.

Offline Nightstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
I have had mine since 1991. Bob Thompson built it for me when he was out of Ravenswood West VA.

It's still as good a bow today as it was back then, and true to form I am still as poor a shot as I was back then.

I have other bows I shoot, but I always come back to my Zipper.

Offline Mack Marine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »
We got 4 Zipper's, been part of the family since the early '90s. Still shooting straight.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »
i had bob build me a couple right before he retired from bow building.the last one he told me over the phone was probably the smoothest he had ever built.he wasnt lying,that was a very smooth bow and i am still trying to figure out why i sold it.sometimes i wonder if i'm all here i tell ya.wish i had it back.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to shooting mine and may hunt with it this fall.It's good to hear all the positive comments,, when you buy a used bow you kinda take a chance unless you have shot one somewhere along the way. All the good things I hear, and the one one I shot, I think I'm going to be a happy camper!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
I have 2 and think his bows are some of the best!! As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a 62' right now...no luck, but will continue to look!

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
I'm thinking Zipper. Too much good press and then you LOOK at them. I'll never hold one until I get one, but feel quite certain it'll be all good. I really like the matching quiver, even though I'm not big on bow quivers!
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline CHAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
They are easy on the eye and shoot great.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Got my riser back today from Bill and I just want to say what a nice job Bill did on it.It now has the standard med grip and seems to fit me much better. When I do my part it shoots where it should. Thanks Bill for great workmanship and a great product!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©