3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow carrying options  (Read 522 times)

Offline mnbearbaiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow carrying options
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
Ive been shooting my Montana with a Thunderhorn Boa quiver attached thats full of arrows all summer long! It doesnt seem to affect the arrow flight at all, and it doesnt throw off the balance of the bow "too bad", eventhough the bow is very lightweight it just took a little gettin used to! My many concern has to do with hunting elk out west! Should i stick with the bow quiver, or use my Timo Lite side quiver? Ive shot the bow week in and week out with/without the Boa attached and it seems to shoot the same! Does anyone have any input on this? Is there some performance lost that i just dont notice? Once again, bivy style hunting and am expecting some arrows to come back worse for wear and maybe have one that doesnt come back at all  :thumbsup:

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow carrying options
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
If you can't detect any difference then..??  ;) , I use a great northern side mount sometimes, but I also like the GFA style quiver, it is very versatile and with a fletch cover prevents flaging.  :campfire:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline mnbearbaiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow carrying options
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Im not using any bright fletching on these arrows, they are green/green barred w/white classic nock! I will be using a fleece camo fletch cover as well! Normally i hunt with brighter fletching for whitetails when i use my TIMO quiver! In that instance im goin to a predetermined blind or stand! Ive never done any sort of stalking with a side quiver before and thats why im leaning towards the bow quiver because my arrows are readily accessable!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©