3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What a fun day!  (Read 116 times)

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
What a fun day!
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Yesterday my family all went down to my parents for dinner and to just spend some time together. My brother asked me to bring up my bow so we could do a little shooting. We took the bow out set up a target and started shooting. After a few shoots we ended up with a line and had 8 people out shooting the bow. This was really great the bow is actually my mothers she inherited it from my grandfather so it was great the whole family was using it. We did manage to break two arrows one wood and one carbon but it was definitely worth it. WE also found out that 2 of my sisters are left handed when it comes to archery so they had a little difficulty pulling back the 45# bow with there little 100 pound frames and there off hand.

Now i have to find a bow for one of my older sisters (one of the lefties) and my brother didn't ask but it sure seems like he would like one too. Looks like i might have yet another archery/hunting partner. I would have two if my sister didn't live in the states.

My sister also said i have t help teach her to shoot a bow better. She said she wants to be able to show up her husband when he gets back from yet another tour in Iraq. She already out shoots him with a gun and says that she has to beat him with a bow too. She is very committed and willing to learn with a right handed bow even though she is left handed. I know its not the best situation but i do not or do not know anyone with a left handed bow.

After some time shooting the bow and throwing a football waiting for our turn. We had a washers tournament (me and the fiance came in second) And a great supper. It was just a great day.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What a fun day!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Sounds like a real "Hasnds Across The Border" event, marsniper. Too bad you didn't get some pics to share with us but glad you told the of the family get-togther, and archery goodtime.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What a fun day!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
I know I wish we had gotten some pictures. No one had a camera out at all yesterday which is a little strange for my family. I am sure form the fun everyone had yesterday it will happen again probably not for a year or more though with my sister going home and parents building a new house it will probably be awhile till everyone has the time and we have a place to do it again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©