3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison A vs B riser  (Read 268 times)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Morrison A vs B riser
« on: August 03, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
I would like to have your opinions about how they compare with the recurve limbs.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison A vs B riser
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
I believe the A is a 14" riser and the B is a 16" riser.I have had and shot both A & B riser Shawnee bows,they both shot fine.I feel the longer riser gave me a better sight window with it's longer length.It's more of a personal preference,do you want a longer sight window or would like a shorter bow.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Well actually I have a Shawnee 58" A riser with C limbs for a 29" DL;I was thinking that maybe more mass on the riser was a tad better.I like the way it feels,just to find out some different feelings.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
I agree with your thoughts on the B riser.  I like the A for it's compactness but it is not my preference.  Experience has taught me that I shoot better with the larger sight window and a little more mass.  For me the B Cheyenne riser is about perfect.  Wish I had one now  :banghead:
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
I'll 3rd the larger site window... I loose concentration if there is something between me and the target visually.

I'm now shooting the longbow carbon/foam limbs (D)on the Cheyenne B riser...makes for a long(er) bow than the D recurve limbs, but already it just feels "right".
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
I did like the B riser alittle more then the shorter A riser.It may have alittle more mass weight being longer but it wasn't enough to feel.I guess it would also depend on riser material for a heavier riser.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
I have had a few A and B Shawnee and Cheyenne risers.If I personally was gonna have one or the other I would get the B riser.For the reasons sighted above.

It will have a little more mass weight and allow you to bave a longer bow if you prefer that paired with the D limbs.If you wanna go shorter you can always get the C limbs.

I had an A sized all phenolic riser that added some mass and weighed about the same as an all wood B riser if you wanted some extra heft in the A sized riser.That was a solid riser that I really liked.

If you like a more compact riser with a tad less mass weight the A riser is the way to go.Paired with a bowquiver you are gonna have a solid feeling bow.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
For sure go with the B riser, i once bought the A riser and couldn't even see the target unless i canted the bow a lot which i prefer not to.

I know Bob loves the A riser so its just a matter of your shooting style i guess.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
Wow, different strokes! I prefer the A riser, and have no problem seeing the target.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
I have shot all three and prefer a C riser my self.Bob's B risers seem to be like everyone else's A risers.There seems to be a current trend now towards smaller sight windows.I myself don't care for a short sight window at all.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
TTT
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
I have ILF risers but I like the 18" riser. The limbs are smoother on it. I also have a 20" and that is a nice riser but is heavy. But it is great for indoor target. My 16 is better with E or longer limbs. I haven't even tried my new D recurve limbs on the 16, they shoot so well off a 18". The recurve limbs are probably the fastest limbs I have of any brand.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Not to drag this post off in the bushes, but I've got a 60" Cheyenne & Shawnee.  Both are A riser/ D limbs.  The shorter site window doesn't bother me at all, because I cant.  I might like additional mass, but outside that would there be any significant performance diffences in a 60" B-riser bow of identical poundage?
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Have a Cheyenne with B riser/B oldstyle limbs for a 58" bow.  Very nice bow and very fast but a little  short for my draw length.  Have come close to selling the bow on several occasions but it's a looker so still have it.  The B riser does make a nice compromise for changing limbs, though.  Have tried C and D limbs as well, the B riser is simply a very 'versatile' size.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
I like small risers....so I favor the A.....and the sweetest shooting limbs to me are the Ds
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
I currently have a Shawnee with E longbow limbs -- 62 inches.  I prefer shorter risers regardless of the builder, but I think Bob's Shawnee riser is just about perfect.  Excellent combination of size (small) and mass (plenty IMO). I do cant slightly when I shoot so sight window size is not an issue for me.  For those who shoot with the bow vertically, the longer riser with its longer sight window would probably work better.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©