3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever Lost an Arrow... in the NEIGHBOR'S yard?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever Lost an Arrow... in the NEIGHBOR'S yard?
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »
My first year with a wheelie bow ...i was practicing shooting broadheads in a straw bale in a subdivision. Shot one high and i knew the arrow went into the neighbors yard.....I about crapped when i saw the arrow embedded in their aluminum swing set   . They had 7 kids...no joke.....thankfully, they were not swinging.   :eek:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline pickaspot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »
Nope...but it has nothing to do with skill. We are blessed to live on 14 acres and our nearest neighbor is about 1/4 mile away.

I find a few arrows with the feathers rotted off every year bushhogging. When I have a bunch of kids over it looks like a flock of turkeys took up residence behind their favorite targets  :)
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." H.D. Thoreau

>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
One time while cleaning gutters, I found an arrow stuck in my shake roof, luckily it was there and not in one of the kids. The neighbor saw me and waived, and I thought he recognized the arrow, so I said, did you loose this? The smile wore off and turned to a blank stare, he looked surprised, so I figured it must have been his oldest boy that launched it straight up.

I once had an arrow hit the top of a bale and sail into my neighbors backyard. Now I shoot into a target inside the garage.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
Actually, when I was younger, our neighbor's arrow went over his hay bale and lodged itself into the rear quarter panel of my step fathers Suburu wagon. Luckily the side without the gas tank. The neighbor was a member of the local bow club, and he was razzed about that for many, many years.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©