3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone try the Maximas?  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone try the Maximas?
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
I bought a dozen Maximas...anyone else been shooting these. i think I am going to use them for target shooting, but we will see. If anyone has anything significantly bad to say about them...I can still return them!! :0)

Ernie

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone try the Maximas?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
THEY ARE THE WORST ARROW SHAFT EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!

Send them to me for proper disposal!  LOL!!!

Seriously,  I have only heard good things about them.  What spine did you get??
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Well, I got the 250's...I am thinking they will be good for a mid 40's target bow....but I'm sorta wondering.

If I want to hunt with them, I'd have to get the 350's and put a 200 grain head up front to get some weihgt and FOC...at least, thats what I like for hunting...

Anywhoooo...time will tell.

Ernie

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Ernie,

I am betting you will need at least 200-250 up front on those puppies out of a mid 40's bow.  Unless you have a 32" draw, you will need some weight up front.  I would check with some guys that have shot them, but if they run like most CX shafts, I would think you would be better served with the 150's for target work.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
I was thinking of leaving them full length...I only draw 28 1/2, but the longer arrow makes gapping easier for me..So..if I was at 33 inches, it would seem like the spine would be decent..

On the other hand...if I want to use them for hunting, I can probably knock them down to 29 inches and pop a 175 grizz on there and be set with my 55#er...

Whatchya think?

Ernie

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
There is only one way to find out.  LOL!!!

Fletch a few and do some bareshaft tuning.  I would guess 145 - 175 grains up front at 33", but I could be wrong.  What kind of bow are you shooting??

Let me know how you like them after you get them figured out.  

I shoot Heritage 250's cut to 30" with 200 grains up front out of 60#@29".  Granted, I feel that you need a bit stiffer shaft with the heavier mass wieght. I would think at 30" on a Maxima, I would only need 150 grains up front.  

YRMV,

Brian

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
You lost me on the heavier mass weight part?

I am shooting a D/R Longbow, cut to near center. and as a matter of fact...I'm going to go shoot one right now! :0)

I will fletch a couple and let fly soon.

Offline Allan Hundeby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Re: their durability: Has anyone compared the the CX Maxima Hunter 250s (i.e. 2/3 camo + 1/3 cross-weave) with CX Terminator Hunters?  

Also, can someone explain to me CX's claim that... "Maxima arrows revolutionizes "Front of Center" design, giving you an arrow with unparalleled down-range accuracy. We call it Front of Center Fusion, and it's only from Carbon Express®. With the Maxima we've spread the weight forward GRADUALLY, significantly reducing bend and torque."

Is this similar to Grizzlystix?
Bow:
62" Bob Lee TD Hunter Recurve: 51# @ 28", Braceheight: 7 3/4"

Bowstring:
Chad Weaver 58.5'' 10-strand DF97 (padded loops); 0.19 HALO serving; rubber silencers & brush buttons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©