3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Would you believe me if?  (Read 570 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Would you believe me if?
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
I need to be held accountable!

Can I get an accountability partner or two?

It is my true intent to add just one more bow to my "keepers". I haven't as yet settled on exactly what that bow will be but there will only be one more added. That isn't counting the McCullough Griffin that's already being worked out.

Anyway, I am ready to admit, like Bob Barnes I too am a bowaholic and am starting my recovery program but want just one more to finish out my "keepers".

All my others will be showing up for sale once this is completed.

OK now that you understand, does nayone want to help hold my feet to the fire..lol

Thanks in advance!
God bless,Mudd

PS: after this is complete I will try to focus on my shooting and arrows.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Ron+dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Would you believe me if?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
good luck !
pile on as many keepers as you like lifes to short not to be enjoyed but im in a buying mood so if you do start to sell let me know
>>>--------> <--------<<<
" the happiness that is found sleeping under tents is unbelievable. one night in tents is worth three in town" -bruce chatwin in far journeys

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Mudd, don't fool yourself, you know as well as we all do to find that "Keeper" you must go through a half dozen bows at least. Your better half may be buying this but we aren't buddy. Just like a smoker will tell you, you just need to quit cold turkey. NO MORE BOWS for you brother, you have a problem.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.  In the case of too many bows, I say, "Rehab is for quitters!!"  :bigsmyl:
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Quill Flinger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Here a keeper, there a keeper, will it ever really stop?

Step away from that bow Mudd. Don't even touch it! Think that's the 1st step in any "recovery program" for addicts! ..laffs!

Good luck brother! - Q.
<~ TGMM Family of the Bow ~<<<

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
I quit after each new bow  :banghead:

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
The fact that you want just one more is proof your not ready to reform!  Admitting your a bowaholic is not the biggest step.  Stopping the purchases is.  If your ready to commit.  Cancel your order.  Don't get one more bow, and pick one bowyer and bow you love and get two or three of them in the same weight and draw length in different woods.  That way you can have variety while still working on your recovery from the addiction.

Otherwise just give in to it and keep on buying em and trying em.  Nothing wrong with either approach. Me I fight it all the time.  I am getting ready to order my third Royal.  Just gotta pay off the wifes second one first.  Same addiction, I just committed to one bowyer and a longbow style I love.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Life is too short to worry about such things. If trying multiple bows brings joy in your life then do so. When looking back it is easier to regret having not than having done.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
I just want to relax without having my mind go into "Oh my! How can I get one of these to shoot?" every time I see a beautiful bow.

I know I can't shoot them all anyway..lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
i hate to say this my freind but there is no hope for you you are a true bowaholic  :biglaugh:    :laughing:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
I will be glad to help you Mr Mudd, but with true accountability there at times may have to be sacrifice, so In an effort to help you may I suggest when you add another bow to your "keepers" that you will need to send me one that you had previously considered a keeper thus keeping your number of Keepers the same. you can PM me for an address when the time comes, and you don't need to thank me I would do it for any of my Brothers.... really anyone else need any help??
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
As Hill Hunter said, a "one in, one out" philosophy may help you to at least slow your bow buying "problem", especially if you have to sell one before you buy another. Considering the syle of bow you like before you buy could also help you. If you like Hill bows, why buy short recurves? Maybe we could start an "accountablity club" because frankly, I could use some help with this problem also   :knothead:    :help:  PM me if you're interested.

Lucas

Offline Scrub_buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
Mudd:

Is selling those two Hill bows a part of the recovery?  Thanks BTW for selling me the Big-5.  I am looking forward to its arrival!

Scrub

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I enjoy this forum.

However, I'm certain some of the posts here have caused me to buy more bows. I didn't even know Blacktails existed until Caccitore and Winterhawk posted pics. I didn't know about Rose Oak either. I bought both and have 2 more ordered!

I'm in DC tonight (hate it) but when I return home at week's end I'll have a lefty Silvertip to test drive--folks raving about them here started the itch.

I'm going to have to adopt the BOMO strategy or I'm going to get put on that hoarders reality show! (buy one move one).

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
It's all right Mudd, Jesus still loves you buddy.   ;)
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
As long as you don't feel bad and have no feaver....I see no problem??  :laughing:

Offline kodiak55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
LOL..I agree with "ron+dog"...He's right! life's to short. Have fun and enjoy your bows! You might regret selling something down the road.   Take care,Lee
71' kodiak hunter 43#
76' grizzly 50#
76' kodiak magnum 55#
80? super kodiak w/factory camo 55
08' super kodiak 55#

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Take a full shot of Nyquil, it always helps me sleep like a baby and in the morning you will be thinking clear about having too many bows.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
Mudd, Mudd, Mudd. Why would you want to torture yourself so? Sit back, take a deep breath & you'll feel better. Too much caffeine can do strange things.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Well... I too was, am, but have no money so that solved that issue!!  Now I am forced to settle on my beautiful Savannah longbow and master it.  The fact that it takes work to get arrows stacking (though they are well within the kill zone) makes it all that more sweet.  Its work of shooting and practice of archery that lures me in.  My head turns like anyone else's for a pretty bow, but I've decided to settle in and get to know this one really well... kinda sound like a marriage, huh??? lol!!!!
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©