3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator bows???..anyone shoot 'em?  (Read 512 times)

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator bows???..anyone shoot 'em?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
predator bows are super and so are the owners.  i have had some great dealing with them this summer.  i have an older hunter model that the finish was coming off on and they fixed it no questions asked.  the bow has served me well and i am super happy with it.  fast, smooth draw, and feels great.  the mass weight of it is awesome.  i have killed several critters with mine and won several tournaments with it.

great choice of a bow

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
My first trad bow that was not over 30 years old was a Predator.  Very nice.  It had a larger grip, or I would probably still have it.  If I ever find a small grip one the fits my hand I will probably have another.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Had mine for 6 yrs and it always shoots right were I look. Very fast and quiet with heavy arrows. You wont find a bow made any "better". The wider grip works great for me,very similar to a Palmer grip. If you shoot better with a narrow grip you may be better served with a widow.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Ethical Redneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
The grip always seems to come up when people talk about these bows.  I think you have to make this your "go to" bow out of your stable to make it work.  I know that it takes a few sessions to get my consistency back with this one.  But, when I'm anchoring hard and pulling through on the shot, nothing matches the raw power and speed of this one.  It's definately not a finesse bow.

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
The Predators are THE BEST bows I have shot bar none!!!!!

I have owned most of the top models made and love the feel and shootability of the Predators.
They are quiet if you tune them as a person should with any bow.

Have a Limited on the sale area and would not sell it if I did not have another Predator.
Hard times call for deperate measures. My loss.

They do have a feel of the Bears and that is one of the resons I love them so.

JMHO
Tim

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Awesome bows. Ron and Mike are great to deal with. I own three, all beautiful, fast and quiet. Don't think you'll regret buying one.

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
I have several, will try to get pics up tomorrow.  They are very fast and when tuned are as quiet as most bows.  I shoot 8.5 gpp with no noise problem at all.

I have compared them to most good bows.  The only bows I have found as smooth at my 30.5" draw are older Lee bows and Vermilion River.

You can order them with a narrower grip, but if you like Bear, Lee, Palmer, Dye, Wallace, Brackenbury, Great Plains, etc, the grip will fit great.
Blessed are the peacemakers

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by MikeS:
I just bought a used one about 3 weeks ago.  It shoots well, but for some reason I can't shoot it with a tab as all my arrows fly to the right.  I switched back to a glove and now the arrows go where I want if I do everything right.  I am surprised at some comments that they are noisey as I believe mine is the quietest recurve I ever owned!  Overall I like it but it is not my favorite.  I have to give my Bob Lee a couple more kudo points.
Mike
I use a tab and if I use a glove it goes to the left - I bet someone knows why.
I like mine and I think they are noisy until you put silencers on, my quitest string has four silencers on it. I am used to shooting longbows so a recurve always seem loud to me. The bow is a great buy and shoots well.

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
A lot of guys tried to help me out with suggestions here to get my Predator shooting where I wanted it, but none worked.  Just by chance I tried my old glove and that solved the problem for me.  I don't know for sure, but I assume using a glove changed my anchor point just enough to make the difference!
Mike

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
I just bought a used custom Bubinga Classic. it is 62 inches and 52# @28, with zebra wood limbs. This will be my first Predator, so I can't wait to shoot it.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

Predators:  Black Phenolic.shedua w rosewood accent, 2 sets  zebrawood limbs; Zebrawood/gray maple 2 sets limbs, black locust and rosewood; Kingwood/rosewood w rosewood accent, 2 sets red elm limbs, one with limbsations; Gray maple/shedua w rosewood accent, kingwood limbs; Macassar ebony/shedua w rosewood accents and kingwood limbs; Cocobolo/shedua w chakte viga accent, tulipwood limbs; leopardwood/bubinga w tulip limbs; cocobolo/rosewood w black locust limbs; PaleMoon Ebony/gray maple w black limbs.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
Wow Rocket, if you ever need to part with any of those let me know!  Very nice collection.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
RD very nice collction of Predator,pale moon ebony is my prefered.What are the specs of those bow?
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
OMG, RocketDog!       :scared:          :eek:          :notworthy:        What stunning Predators you have there! I've never seen anyone with six(or..9?) Predators before. What draw weight are they?

I gotta say I like the tulip wood one the best, next to my own copperhead skinned one of course   "[dntthnk]"    :rolleyes:    :o     !
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Most of them are between 50-53#.  One 55#, one 57#, one 58#.  Those with 2 sets limbs have the second set around 45#.

They are all great shooters.  I talked to Ron about them one day and had to agree with him: the best one is always the one you are holding at the time.

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
That Osage with the copperhead is an awesome bow!  Would love to have an osage riser in my collection!

Most of mine ae 62" AMO, but can't tell much difference in 60 and 62 with these bows.

I figure one more and I'll have a set -- 10 Predators!  May have to order osage, but there is that aniversary on classifieds right now...

Offline RocketDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
And don't worry, I shoot them all!  I figure I average a couple hundred shots through each one per month.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by RocketDog:
That Osage with the copperhead is an awesome bow!  Would love to have an osage riser in my collection!
Thanks for the compliment! But, trust me, you already have the most awesome collection of Predators there is, no doubt.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
That is a really nice collection.

Offline 2elkhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
They are real sweet bows.