3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: vision help  (Read 465 times)

Offline harvestmoon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: vision help
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
I hunt the thick stuff here in Quebec and eastern Ontario, and my 6x32 vortex glasses really let me quickly focus my way deeper and deeper to pick up bedded deer.  6X doesn't give me eye sore or headaches either, and it really brightens up the low light hunting times.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
I have a pair of Bushnell Legend 8x26 WP and they are excellent binocs without breaking the bank.  I think they are still well under $100.  I hunt pretty tight cover, but even in the thick stuff I find if I focus on one distance and sweep the brush I spot ears and legs that I missed just eyeballing the thickets.  The narrow field in focus "filters out" a lot of the other cover.

These also have long eye relief - which for me being basically a mole without my glasses is critically important.  

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Gary Sorensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
I wear 8x42 Nikons on a harness.

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Binos all the way.  Currently carrying a set of Leoupold green lines, 7x32 I think.

Binos aren't just for bringing things closer...they work really well for dissecting brush at forth or fifty yards and finding that antler tip in the middle of a brush pile.

If you haven't tried binos in the brush, you are missing out.  Here in Missouri 60-80 yards is a long look and I will turn around and go back home after my binos before I would hunt without them.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©