3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eagles flight or great northern? (QUIVER IS HERE .. PICS)  (Read 2222 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eagles flight or great northern? (QUIVER IS HERE .. PICS)
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
Bill, I'd love to hear your idea. I sent you a pm.

Joe,looking forward to seeing the pictures of how that worked out with the extension. That was a challenge that I hadn't anticipated.

Working together is how progress is made. It is a fact that we all have a different slant on things, and that any of us may have an idea on how 2fletchsomething can be improved. We will always try to listen to what you have to say, and yes "thanks" for the ideas and encouragement.

Online The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
I gotta back the EF 3 arrow quiver. I've only had mine since March, but I'm very happy with it. I didn't want a quiver that holds more than 3 arrows. I wanted it to be able to fit nicely on my wide longbow. And it was a far better price than the Great Northern. It holds my arrows onto my bow. And thats all I was needing.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Here's my opinion for what it's worth

http://shrewbows.com/ShrewUltra-Litequiver.htm
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
Ron, that's a great looking combination.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
My problem is that beither quiver can handle being loaded with arrows tipped with Snuffers. They are both great quivers though for other broadheads.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
C2, maybe Don will make a larger one in the future?   :pray:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Interestingly, that was my complaint about the Great Northern- even 160 grizzlies hung 3/8" out the bottom of the hood, not to mention if I ever fell on it I would bleed to death before I ever got it stopped!!!!

My EFA handles the 160's no problem, plus it has a metal support piece in the hood to protect me.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Eagles Filight for me also . I love how light it feels on my bow and how it dampens the sound but with out changing the balance of my bow . They are also very sharp looking and at a very reasonable price plus Don is a very good guy to work with . Check out the Brown / snakeskin with front stiching you wont be dissapointed.

Mike Britt
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
2 fletch, have ever considered making an ultra light hip\\side quiver?
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
I tried em both and still prefer my Great Northerns.  Gave the eagle flight away.  Great Northerns can be easily removed from the bow, with arrows in it, quietly, quickly, and put back on the same.  Best all around quiver for all hunting situations.  Use what fits your hunting style the best. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Ian, I sent you a pm. I've thought about the idea of a lighter weight 4-6 arrow side quiver. I'm not sure what the demand would be for it.

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
2fletch, i would be very interested in a small, light weight hip quiver

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
I like them both.  GN one piece is very tight and secure, more arrows.  Eagle's Filight is also secure, lighter, but have not shoot with it enough to know how well it holds to the bow.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I have both the GN and the EFA. Like em both. The GN is my choice for larger heads like Snuffers. The EFA's are on my longbows with 2blade heads. No problems with my EFA's slipping like some other quivers I have had. They hold my arrows secure and don't weight hardly anything even when full of arrows.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline estacado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
I have a GN to attach at the Limb Bolts, like it.
I also have 2 Kanati Quivers currently sold through 3 Rivers and Custom King among others.
Like 'm alot. The Kanati is a true custom grade
quiver, balance is great even with a light mass bow. The 4 arrow quivers are what has been needed for along while, who needs more arrows
than that for normal hunting endeavours?

Estacado

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Here's the pic of the bolt on Eagle's Flight...with the extension added to move the quiver up the riser for those with short riser bows.

I'm REALLY beginning to love how much lighter this bolt on is than my Thunderhorns.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
And for those worried about not being able to fit broadheads in this quiver, here's a shot of 4 Pearson Deadheads safely tucked away...not touching.

I don't know about snuffers but I'm very pleased with getting these Deadheads in such a minimalist, yet safe, quiver. Now, we just gotta convince Don to do a slightly larger version for 5/6 arrows or those with big broadheads like the snuffer (or the Simmons Treesharks I like to carry).

Thanks Don, you should have my order for the second one for Numba2 Morrison in your email.

And like Ray, I get no free quivers etc., I'm paying for these just like you...but I believe in telling folks about an obviously great product.

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I have a GN side mount and just ordered an EF for a new 3 pc. longbow.  I hadn't read this or I might have waited for the limb bolt version but I can't wait to give the EF a whirl.  I will say this, Don was great with the customer service.  He helped with color combinations and I think my EF will match my bow perfect.  To be fair, the guys at GN have always been very helpful as well.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
JC,
look at that first pic... flip that nut/bolt around the other way on that attachment point- it will look a bunch cleaner if you do!

Wonder if Don will make the aluminum in that short riser version one piece of metal in future?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
I am with ray and others, the EF is the way to go. I also like the Thunderhorn Boa better than the GN. GNs are nice but do add weigth and to me they are not as sturdy, more movement in them at the shot. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©