3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eberlestock x2  (Read 170 times)

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
Eberlestock x2
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
When you keep looking at the same piece of gear for over a year you know its what you really want.

I just tried on the newest version of the x2 pack by Eberlestock and wow what  a pack. It has a bomber tubular frame now that just shouts out 'over load me" and provides really good ventilation across the back. This is a big deal out here in the west where it can get warm during archery season and a typical hunting day requires no small amount of physical effort.

One nice feature is that the pack will fit taller archers too. I'm 6-2 and found some packs like the Jim Horn daypacks to be short strapped and only would fit if I ordered the longer straps for about 40 bucks extra. (I don't think so).
The "wings" on the x2 open up to reveal a gigantic area where you can attach a LOT of gear or a big animal quarter. The pack is pretty simple too without a million gee gaws that just complicate things and I like that. You also don't have to use the hydration pockets for water either, another nice option/feature that makes this pack very versatile. I'd choose to use them for gear, since thats my bias and carry a filter and my water in a nalgene.  These pockets are in a great location for those things you want at hand.
Anyway, if and when I get the extra cash I  will be buying an x2. Glad I had to wait and will now have the new version.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eberlestock x2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Me too!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eberlestock x2
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
Just picked 2 up for my Son & I, we are very pleased with them for sure! As elk hunters the X2 is one of few packs out there that is small & yet has outside the pack meat/quarter carrying capabilities! It's great for those all day hunts & then some!

I've been on 2 scouting trips with mine so far & no complaints, it's tough & comfortable.

ElkNut1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©