3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "The Official" Muzzy Shoot Thread...Cade's the youth Muzzy Champ!(new pix and vids!)  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
...I have a lot to add, but no time right now. Need to get a little organized, cleaned and rested up.

But anyone that's home already, please add stories and as many pix as you can.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
no pics, but a big thanks to the whole Muzzy crew...another exellent shoot, this is the only shoot I've made this year, but I tell ya it's the most fun a guy can have with a bow in his hands

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
It was my first.....great time and had a chance to meet a bunch folks and see some others. Shot with a fellas from Delaware, Mass., New York, New Jersey and Conn. All great guys and fun to talk with and shoot with. I even beat a couple...lol. VERY, VERY challenging, but at the end I was starting to come around and get the feel for the difficult shots. Again great event and thanks to all that made it possible.....ron w
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome time, and I cannot even begin to list everyone who I owe a "thank you" to...

I will say I was kinda off with my shooting, but worked on it all weekend, and I think I did ok.

Like Curt said, I NEED a shower, and some sleep. I forgot my camera, so no pics from me, but I know I saw a lot of pictures being taken.

On another note, thanks to those responsible for making this event happen. Michelle does a great job keeping us all in line, and it always seems to run smoothly.
Fred did awesome, and I think he has a better grasp on what makes the muzzy so fun. It was great to meet ya man.

Lastly, Tyler, awesome job buddy. I cant wait to see how you do next year. Just remember..."no no" and you will win every time.  :laughing:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Well...How did you fare Guru? If I recollect you did pretty well up there a year or so back.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Another great year at the Muzzy. Thank you to the crew who puts this together every year for us.The weather was perfect. The food was amazing.Hanging out with all you fellow bowhunters. Catching up with people you haven't seen in a year. The young one's moving up through the rake's. Heart warming to say the least. It's nice to see the lady's divison growing. Just a great weekend over all. It was very cool to see Jeff's boy Tyler move up through the A divison to make it to the final eight.This being his first time shooting with the big boys. Mike, Thank you for giving me a place to stay and all the cold cuts I could eat.Alot of laughs all weekend long..I'll never forget shooting the blue course sunday afternoon. Out of control. The guys that stayed at Mike"s (even the guy who just come's to fish)are a good bunch of people. It was nice to meet Fred.E a real good shot and a graet guy..Hope everyone makes it home safe and looking forward to next year...

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
You guys said it, as usual Michelle, her mom, Yvonne and everyone else really took care of us.  It was great catching up with old friends and relaxing thanks Muzzy team.
peter Osimanti

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
I wanted so bad to attend, but I had 150 youth on a pioneer Trek re-creation. Wish I could've been there. Some of the finest folks in the country. Glad the weather worked so well for you. Please post pictures so I can live vicariously.

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Every year Muzzy is my favorite shoot. Seeing Michele, her Mom, Dolores, Ronnie, Yvonne, Mark Land, the kids and all the other people that make Muzzy "Muzzy!" is just something else. Seeing Fred again just made it that much more special. Great shooting and talking with everyone again. Congrats to all the winners. Once again i got knocked out of A on Sunday but losing to a great guy like Steve makes it ok.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I think I coulda taken the whole thing this year if only I woulda known that I was allergic to the muskox wool from my string silencers, my eyes kept watering and I couldnt see the blocks clearly. It coluld also be that Pete and Matt are to blame for telling me the chicken wire and the Betty Crocker jokes tht had me laughing allllll day long.Something or someone is to blame, thats my story and Im sticking to it. Seriously though, it sure was a whole lotta fun as always.I got my son Noah to come this year and he had fun as well although not as much as me I suspect. Thanks to everyone for treating him like one of the guys.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
A great weekend with the best weather you could ask for. Michelle, Yvonne and the other hard working folks made it a shoot not to be missed again.
Great seeing all those people you only get to see once a year. Great weather, great company, great food, great course. Life is good.
Ken Thornhill

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
one of the great things about the muzzy shoot is that you get to meet/ shoot against a bunch of different guys. this year I shot with guys I've never shot with before, and through the years I've never met a bad guy there...all good people.

and now for a quick little story...the first time out on Sunday morning is always a tough one for me, not quite awake yet, muscles are still tired and a little sore for the day before.. I had to shoot against Brian first thing Sunday, but I had a perfect plan, yep I played him like a fish on a string and the hook was set deep in his jaw...I gave him just enough line at the start to give him a lead...knowing that he'd be over confindent and at just the right time I'd tighten that line and reel him in. We got to the thread the needle shot on big blue, yes, this was the place, this was where I would make an incredible shot and crush his confidence and move onto an easy victory. I sat myself down upon the rock, fully confident, putting pressure on the string, in my mind knowing that the needle had already been threaded and victory was mine. I brought the arrow back to full draw let loose with a smooth and perfect release only to see my arrow careen off every darn tree in the way and fly well clear of the block  :scared:  Then Brian goes over sets on the rock to take his shot, throws the hook I had so deeply embeded in him clean off and makes that perfect shot  :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I just got up from a nap, what a great weekend for the shoot, as always Mike was a perfect host. Thanks Mike for putting up with me and the wood chipper   :readit:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
One of the brightest highlights of the weekend was all the families that were there...including Michele's husband, Fred, who is as genuine a person as he appears to be on his shows. Incredibley some of the women outshot a lot of the men! My own wife beat me by one point....and we were celebrating out 10th wedding anniversary  this weekend, as well! The weather was perfect and the people outstanding. Nothing short of a perfect weekend. I have some pics but need to download them. Will pick a few and add them tomorrow as we just got in this afternoon.

I want to thank everyone there for being such great people and great sports.

By the way, curt beat Fred Eichler in a last shot shootout for 3rd place.

I still can't get over what a great weekend it was.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like everyone had a great time.  I wish I wasnty pinching pennies at the time or I would have made it.  

I cant wait for the stories legends are made of   :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You talk about pressure   :knothead:  how would you like to shoot with this crew heckling you the whole time   :help:  Our very own host Mike   :notworthy:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Me and Joe together for our fourth Muzzy

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jeff's son Tyler is going to be a force to recon with, he shot with the big boys for the first time this year and made it to the final eight. The kid has ice water running through his veins.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Great pix...Keep them coming..

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Ah there is "no no"  himself.

Mikey, you deserve a special thread all your own my friend. Opening your house to this group of hoodlums is an awesome thing. You make us all feel so welcomed and comfortable...an amazing thing my friend. I just wish I could have made a sandwhich or something Saturday night...I was hungry! I even looked for cold cuts....

I had a great time with all of you, I cant wait until next year.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©