3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "The Official" Muzzy Shoot Thread...Cade's the youth Muzzy Champ!(new pix and vids!)  (Read 1805 times)

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry I missed it this year. I wont miss it next year. Keep the pics coming it's the next best thing to being there.Congrats to all who didn't break every arrow in their quiver  :clapper:

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
This was my first and I had a great time.I got to see some people I knew and shoot with a few  real nice people I just met.Congratulations Cade! There were some very challenging shots to say the least.The piece of land we shot on was just beautiful,as was the weather.Glad I was there.glen   thanks for the shafts Chris

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
I had a great time after Matt(Homer) saved the day by talking me in to staying after the worst round of my life!! It is always a blast but when ya shoot like I did expect so much more I was kicking myself. I stayed and had a blast shooting with Homer(Matt)Peter,Adam,Niomi and Izzy in the Tony, I even managed to win a trophy so that made my day. Two highlights for me was 15 year old Tyler Williams making it to the final 8 in the A division and it took the eventuall overall champion Kieth Barber to eliminate him!! Congrats my friend!! Than young Cade Cabrera winning the youth divsion, he is a fine shot and a finer young man! I actually got tears in my eyes when I saw Curt get his trophy and have Cade come up with him for a picture with Michelle Eichler, it was the first thing I told Cindy when I got home!! You two guys are some of the finest guys I know!! Last but not least, Thankyou Matt, you are the man!! Love Ya!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
Not sure if this will work....but here goes.

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
That's the beautiful little Ryder Girls...Jim and Beckys daughters.  They had fun this weekend also!

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
Not only a top notch shooter, but a top notch friend!

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like a great Trad Event!!. might amble up there myself next year if I get an invite. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Uplaoding the start of my pix...What a weekend!

As usual unbelievable people, weather, and of course the Mussachia family are just incredible people!

I can't thank them enough for giving me so much joy in my life over the years. My 1st Muzzy was 1986, and over the years I've only missed 1 or 2, and I hated to miss those.They truly make you feel like part of the Muzzy family. It's been like that since day 1 for me.

Thank you so much for everything over the years    :notworthy:    :clapper:

to be continued...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline jcsnapshot

• Trad Bowhunter
My it felt so good to be back at "The Muzzy" it truly is the most fun you can have with a bow in your hand. My brother came for the first time and is already making plans for next year with me, my son who finished 3rd in juniors and my
dad. Sure was great seeing old friends and making new ones

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
When I showed up Saturday, I waited a while to register as the line was long. After a while Cade and I got on line and walked up to the table and Michelle gretted us both very warmly as she always does.

Over the last few years I'd always ask..."did Fred make it?" . Her answer was always, "no"...he's so busy things, just never worked out.

So this year she comes right out and says..."Fred's here!"

How cool!

I'd only met Fred once at the NY Bowhunters Banquet a few years back when he was there with Michelle.  Michelle had always told me that she thought we'd be great shooting against each other.

She'd told him some about me, and she'd always said he was a good shot. How cool would it be to shoot with Fred...but it never seemed like it would happen...hmmmm...

In the opening round seating round of 28, I came close...he was shooting in the pair in front of me. It was a great chance to "get to know him" a little...How cool!

I also got a great chance, since I was always coming up behind him, to see him shoot... he was shooting very well..."He's the real deal"!

Then something happened, that has never happened to me in 25 yrs. of trad shooting, something that I would have never expected.....

I was shooting well,enjoying the company of the shooters around me, and on my way to what might have been my best score in the seating round.

I walked up to the stake at Red #3, pulled back, relaxed my fingers and eveything blew up in front of me!!!     :scared:    

There was a shockingly loud "pow", and next thing I knew my bow was clanking around in the rocks in front of me....My bowstring had broke!!!

My round ended with 8 targets to go!

Fred offered everything from his extra bowstring(6 inches too long), his bow, and the shirt off his back to help me out so I could finish my round....he's right handed, and he was shooting a 62" bow...but he sure tried to help...like said earlier...he's the "real deal".

I also want to thank Tom Phillips, who was shooting with Fred, for offering me his bow to shoot(the one he was shooting). He's lefty like me. But I didn't want to mess anyone up. Which I probably did anyway. For fun I tried Fred's righty bow, and Tom's bow before they'd even finished their round. Probably my fault they ended up three targets shy of finishing... Thanx fellas... I think it kept me from getting "gun shy" by getting to shoot both of your bows right after what had happened to me. I believe it kept me from thinking about it too much       :notworthy:    

At the end of the round, Fred said..."how cool would it be for us to be shooting against each other on Sunday afternoon"...in other words...for the recurve champoinship.

For those that have never been there...that's along road to hoe... a lot of arrows, usually some luck, and a whole lotta sweat, focus, and effort are needed to get to that point....anyone that's been there will tell you...not easy!  How cool would that be though...

But I still had the bowstring issue to deal with, I had no idea if my bow was even alright at this point...
Curt } >>--->   

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
First of, thank you to everyone from the Muzzy for the effort they put in to have such a terrific stump shoot. It is something that I look forward to every year, and on the way home I already start thinking about the next year.. It was a great time with everyone I shot with- Izzy, Pete, Curt, Shawn, John, and all the crazy pond shooters on Sat night- you know who you are! It made a great ending to Saturday.   :archer2:      :archer2:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like an awesome week-end Curt! Tell Cade Congrats for me.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations! Cade! Good shooting buddy.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Cade!
  It's pretty neat watching this young man grow up here on Tradgang  :thumbsup:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Cade!! Congrats young man!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats!!!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Been invited the last two years and can't seem to make it. Who'ed miss out on huggin Michelle Eichler?  :D

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
It's a great shoot put on by great folks. Craziest shoot of the year. Things happen at the Muzzy that don't happen no where else, ask Barhezoo!!! :)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Team Pink   :thumbsup:

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
....so after putting a different string on my "Cy", and pulling her back slowly a couple time, then shooting it some at the practice range....she was just fine. That was a huge relief, I hadn't brought "Timex" as a back up!   After all, strings never break right?   Lesson learned!!!!

Shooting Saturday went ok, but became a real struggle as the day wore on. A long, long week of working out in the heat, humidity, and no shade for hours at a time was really taking it's toll.  Add a real lack of sleep...like I said, it was a struggle....

Waiting for me after my last round of the day was a great meal, and even better dessert...what a great way to end the day....I couldn't wait to get to the motel to get some sleep.

Cade had done really well with his "Big Ed" longbow...after day one he was sitting in second place...I was proud of him, he was shooting well!  

Sunday morning dawned another beautiful day. Although Dad didn't shoot the comp., he did some shooting with Cade warming up Sun. morn...
•      
•    

Cade's winning form...
•      

The two most important men in my life...
•      

•      

•      

Practice range...
•      

"JCSnapshot" in follow tru, "Larry" Marshall looking on, and Bryon Hathaway to the right...
•  

More later...
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©