3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "The Official" Muzzy Shoot Thread...Cade's the youth Muzzy Champ!(new pix and vids!)  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
:coffee:    :coffee:    :archer2:

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Well.....here's a few more pics and a bit of narrative to add to the stuff already here. My first round was with Phil and "Smokin Joe". I really don't remember last names (have enough trouble with first names). We were all shooting in the Senior Division and started on the Red Course. When we got to the shot across Lake Nocando I just had to take a couple of pics. Didn't manage to get arrows in flight but "Smokin Joe" was interesing. He is a competitive compound shooter and was at the Muzzy for the first time shooting a borrowed bow and arrows.

Here's Joe making one of his shots.

Here's Phil...none of us hit it.

For the weekend "Smokin Joe" actually beat me. Normally I am pretty well up in the standings but the next pic shows how my whole weekend went. You will see two arrow in the pic. On almost every target my two arrows were that close to each other but just shy of hitting the block. You can see my arrow sticking in the rubber pad that is on most stumps. We removed the block for the pic but all weekend long was like that for me. If we had been playing horseshoes I would have won. Being that close just doesn't cut it at the Muzzy.   :banghead:    :laughing:    

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Eichler being there was a big deal. All of us had asked about him since he and Michele got married. He turned out to be the "real deal".

Here is Curt and Fred approaching the final shoot-off target followed by on lookers....the Muzzy is a spectator sport when it comes to shoot offs.

If Curt wasn't wrong handed i would have a better pic. He won the toss and decided to shoot first. His first arrow knocked the block off.

The pressure was now on Fred. If he missed he would concede 3rd place to Curt and have to settle for 4th. He conceded because he missed.

Here's another side of Fred that I was happy to see was genuine. At the awards ceremony he could probably had taken more of the spotlight but I caught him with two of the boys. It was clear to me that he and Michele have a pretty special relationship. He told us it does go beyond his getting free broadheads in exchange for giving her free hunts. He is obviously a good dad...you just can't fake stuff llke this.

All in all a perfect weekend for Laura and me and it seemed to be that way for everyone that was there. As I said earlier, it was very pleasing to see so many families and little kids with their parents. As always, I made new friends and Laura was able to meet the wives of a few of the shooters (actually a number of them shot and had real fun doing it..and plan to return).

One of the highlights of the event was that John Tulcz of L'il Suckling bows made a yourh bow that was presented to a youth shooter via a drawing. I was so impressed and moved by John's gift that I didn't even think to take  a pic. Perhaps someone will post it.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
The last photo of Fred and a couple of his boys is what it is all about. The rest is just fluff!  As they say, "no success outside of the home can account for failure from within".

Curt be sure to tell my little carp shooting buddy that I said congratulations. Jen and I leave for Florida to bowfish alligators on Friday.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  "no success outside of the home can account for failure from within".  
Well said Brother   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
I know where I'm gonna be during the second weekend of August for the rest of my life...

...   :D   ...   :wavey:  ...

... At The Muzzy Shoot!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tyler my man   :nono:

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great form Jim,you were shooting that Hill well last weekend.....   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Dood...very cool!

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
There's no other place to be then the Muzzy in August...

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Peter, We need to talk my friend!  Been way too long!

.....so it was apparent in my first round out on Sunday that it was going to be a grind!  Everything I was doing right yesterday, wasn't happening today.

But I managed enough good shots to make it thru my first match...but barely!

The next match was worse, I knew what I had to do, but I just could make myself do it.

it's times like this, when you're home practicing, that you just quit for the day and start fresh the next....today I didn't have that option!  I was in the "hunt"....

But alas, even though I was starting to fight thru it, Steve Stavaly was just too tough to overcome this year. He was solid as a rock, and in the end, was the better man this day.

Couldn't have lost to better guy, Steve's an awesome guy, and a hardcore hunter       :notworthy:    

Little did I know, what/who was waiting for me next......none other than Fred Eichler!

We'd shoot it out for 3rd and 4th place....how cool!

I'll just add this pic before I go to bed, but I have a lot more to add, and some video's thanx to Tim K....he carried my camera while following us during our round. Priceless experience caught on film for me by Tim....THANX BUD!

•    
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool deal Curt, thats a picture to hang on the wall for sure!

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Man !!that bowstring breaking in the middle of competing,  watching your favorite bow fall to the ground, and infront of Fred....Nice come back Curt!!

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
ok curt...whats the name of the new hoyt recurve? it looks like a short version of the formula rx target riser:)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanx guys, I'll be back later with alot more...

Mike, You have no idea!!!

BMB, I was told by Fred..."you never saw this bow"...soooo...What bow???
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
Another great Guru clan thread!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for the long delays getting this finished up.

.....Fred and I both talked about how "spent" we were from a long weekend of shooting. Those that have experienced going deep into the weekend and still being in the competition will understand. The amount of arrows, the mountain, and the mental concentration are all hard on a shooter.

Anyway, Fred and i agreed that it would be cool if some interested people followed.Including.. my parents, Cade, friends Gary, Timmy, and Diane K., and several others ...pretty cool!

Fred won the toss and decided to shoot the odd # targets first....he pounded the first target!  I kidded him about "being spent"...then I missed #2 and he got his crack at it....

Then I got # 3...

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
A lot of friendly conversation....I know I've said it before, but Fred is the "real deal", what you see on his show, is what you get in person....he's simply a great guy!
•    

Then I got # 4, and we were tied 2-2...
•    

Here we are trying to figure out how the heck we were going to hit #5, we could harly see it....we didn't get it...
•    

#6...
•    

Then #7...

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
All of a sudden I was shooting well again!!

#8 was mine as well. Then #9...if you look close you can see the target tumbling in mid air with my pink arrow sticking out of it...one of the longer shots in the first half of the red course...
•    

At this point, I had a big lead...but in true Eichler fashion...Fred showed his true grit...here came Fred!

#10...

#11 we both whiffed on...but Fred didn't whiff on #12 like I did...

Then #13...another great pic taken by Tim, capturing the target in mid-air with Fred's arrow in it...
•  
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©