3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FYI- Cabelas Ghillie suit  (Read 405 times)

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
FYI- Cabelas Ghillie suit
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
I was a Cabelas this weekend and looked at their ghillie suits.  The actual Ghillie suit is made by Bushrag.  I compared it with cabelas TCS (strips of cloth instead of strings).  The bushrag model did look more non-descript but was a little heavier.  Cabelas TCS is lighter and would be cooler for turkey and early season and probably work great in a tree stand or some sort of ground blind, but if you are just sitting on a stool in front of a tree or still hunting, the bushrag ghillie suit would probably be better.  Any thoughts as I plan on buying one of the two soon (I'm leaning towards the bushrag ghillie suit)
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FYI- Cabelas Ghillie suit
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
Randy...I have one of those made by Rancho (Jerry G), bought thru Cabelas.  I know of several others who have bought them after seeing and borrowing mine.  This is the ultralight with cloth strips.  It is awesome.  My friend had a guy walk up almost to him during turkey season this year and didn't find him as a human,  also had a small herd of deer (does)  graze right past him at less than ten yards.  They crossed his trail, heads whipped up, looked around for minutes, while standing just yards away, and they never found him (downwind, back against a tree, sitting).  I have had similar things happen with other critters.  They are pretty neat for sure.  I think the cloth strip one looks more natural than the string one myself.

Good luck with yours, which ever you get.
ChuckC

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FYI- Cabelas Ghillie suit
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
I have th TCS model.  I love it, you can (and I know this as a fact) get away with murder in it.  Would'nt deer hunt with out it.
Semper Fi

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©