3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Super Kodiak?  (Read 299 times)

Offline DYEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Super Kodiak?
« on: August 12, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Hello,
I just purchased a 60's Model Super Kodiak in factory Camo. The paint has worn off in a few spots showing Brown glass on the limbs and brown and white overlays on the riser and tips. Did Bear make a brown glass super Kodiak and could anyone tell me what the wood might be in the riser?  Thanks for any help.  Tom

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Super Kodiak?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Is this bow a Kodiak or Super Kodiak?

I believe Bear did not make a Super Kodiak with brown glass in the 60's, but there was a 1966 Kodiak with brown glass with brown/white overlays.  

The Super Kodiak came out in 1967 and following years had black glass.
Lon Scott

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
It's more than likely a Kodiak, not Super Kodiak. get rid of the camo paint and let this beauty see the light of day.    :D
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline DYEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Thanks guys. it was made in 1966 so it is a kodiak. I might do that nightwing. cya

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
sounds like a 1966 factory camo Kodiak brown and white glass with African rosewood aka bubinga riser and or sometimes golden rosewood.I would like to metion one thing and believe me I love the look of real wood in a bow as much or maybe more then the next guy.
Thought I'd mention some not all but some Bear bows that are factory camo are factory camo for a reason they have some kind blemish normaly well hidden under the camo paint.50% were just stock good bows with no blems and were ordered in camo.Bear pulled those bows off the stock bow rack and painted em camo as per dealer order.The others may and or may not have blemishes no way to really tell for sure without removing the camo bd

Offline DYEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
Hi Guys,
thanks for the info. Bowdoc I was wondering what i might use to get the finish off. I love the look of the old bear and thinks i would like to resurrect this gem.  Tom

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
You have a classic on your hands!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©