3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what would you do(tresspassers)  (Read 1121 times)

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
what would you do(tresspassers)
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:08:00 AM »
well got some poachers next to my farm and its where i hunt.got them on a trail camera taking a deer off the farm and loading it on a 4 wheeler.called the c.o.and he said that the pics made it unclear of the people and the atv.ok no problem,so here is what i have in mind for them no good*****,*******,***,****.well their property has no woods and the fenceline is the only place there are trees and their stands are on the fence pointing towards our property so heres what i have in store.i have 30 no tresspassing signs up on the fence lines facing them and decided not to hunt the opening days so i can set and video them shooting on our property so when they go to recover im throwing their sorry butts in jail,or i could be a real big jerk and lace that small woodlot with perfume the day before season.i should not have to do this because they can get permission for properties.and to top it off this guy is the hunter education instuctor in my area...so how would you deal with this
i like biscuits

Offline kevshin21

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what would you do(tresspassers)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
Get a nice stubby cigar, rack your shotgun and tell them you like to hunt animals too...the human animal!!

edit: but honestly catching them in the act with a trip camera would be ideal, they should know better than to mess with private property.

Offline Tsalagi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »
Choose the time they're out there as the time to hold an "all you can eat" barbeque and invite all your friends. Crank up the music, play horseshoes, have a good time. Or place some signs facing their property that say: "QUARANTINE! DANGER! INFECTED LIVESTOCK AND WILDLIFE! DISEASE COMMUNICABLE TO HUMANS, SOIL CONTAMINATED BY DISEASE BACTERIA! POSITIVELY NO ADMITTANCE!
Heads Carolina, Tails California...somewhere greener...somewhere warmer...or something soon to that effect...

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »
just wait until you know he's there then take a couple big buddies with you and walk up to them/him and give him the message the punk needs to hear.ask him where he gets off hunting/poaching deer when hes an instructor of hunting ethics.then get ahold of whoever you have too and get his stupid ass fired from that position.dont take crap off poachers bro.GET RID OF THEM.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
I have had the same problem & they stole one of my cameras last season. Got a pic of them with the camera but could not identify them. Video them and make sure you zoom right in so there is no doubt. Have them arrested and charged. They no better.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »
Proceed with caution.I am sure there will be members coming on here soon with stories of torched vehicles, tree stands chain sawed or stolen and other sabotage.  Here in MI its hard to prosecute. CO's and cops always have a reason why you can't get these guys. I hope Indiana is more sensible
Tom

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
I would cut ever tree on the fenceline that was on my side with a chain saw, dropping them as close to the edge of the fence as posible. nothing like a 30 foot tall fence of brush!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
A six foot tall fence would help.  No question that they are crossing knowlingly then.  Likely a hole would appear.  That would be a great pinch point for a camera. . .  or  stand site.

How many tags you got ?

Don't get all riled up though or you will do something that you later call stupid and you will be the one in trouble.  Seems the bad guys have way more rights than the good guys.
ChuckC

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
I would just confront them and ask why they are hunting on your property with out permission. Simple as that and call him out and his buddies out when ever you can and the word will get out. He is just a lazy hunter with poor character. I also agree that a nice video is great evidence should he decide to do mischief against you.
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Offline Mike Gibbs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
More federal troops on the ******.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Small treble hooks and piano wire 42" off ground seams to mess up poachers day....Dave

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
I would try talking to them before anything. Might even tell them you have photos of them tresspasing and if it doesn't stop you have no choice and will get the authorities involved. I would also video them as you suggested.
PBS  Member

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Ran into this problem before.Turned the pictures into the local police.They went out to there house to let them know that we knew they had been on the property.We told them to give them a warning and if they got caught again charges would be pressed.But these where teenagers riding dirtbikes and four wheelers.A grown man especially a hunter education instructor knows better than this.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Sounds like you found a few places to make your outdoor toilets! We had the same trouble a few years back on our land, People setting stands just off our boundry line facing us! We couldn't catch them in the act but found a couple gut piles on our land, c.e.os couldn't do /or wouldn't even look into it! So we drove them out by setting up all our outdoor toilets in front of their stands, I also set up and camped for a week along the boundry line,(opening week)It seems they took their vacation that week! We had to give up good hunting for that year,but it was worth it! they moved on soon after that! Good luck!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Is he wearing Orange? I'm thinking hunting 'accident'
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
He needs to be prosecuted go fullest extent of the law!!! I wouldn't want someone like this teaching my kids about hunter safety. I don't own my own land and rely on door knocking go get permission to hunt. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Guys like this gives us all a bad rap. Sorry to rant but this just really burns my butt!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Invite your local c.o. to go hunting with you opening morning.He could have a nice hunt and do his job at the same time.Are one of the local police officers they like to hunt too.Terry

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
i think the best thing to do would be first to use the system and if that fales i would do what ever i would have to do. i'm thinking rig the fence line with barrels of diesel and high explosives and trip wires sound pretty good! can you still buy claymores? j/k lol
pick a spot stupid!

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
i'm in the same boat magnus amen brother! keep on preaching!
pick a spot stupid!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
put up a electrical fence

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©