3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what would you do(tresspassers)  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Dry Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what would you do(tresspassers)
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
I feel your pain, good luck dealing with the trespassers!!
58" Bear Super Grizzly  45@28
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw 45@30

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Not sure about this, but maybe hire atty and get restraining order to keep them of property. If served with restraining order, they will have no excuse if caught.
John

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
i'm assuming it's opening day of archery season. Adeeden mentioned a chain saw, i would take my chainsaw sneek up behind them, start my chain saw, tell them they have 2 minutes to unhook there safety belt, come down the tree leaving there gear in the tree, and exit my property. i beleve they would get a little excited if they choose not to and i began cutting down the tree. what do you think? good idea???   :deadhorse:

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Hide a few more game cameras. You need to stack the deck in your favor. The more evidence you can provide the better. You need to treat trespassers as the ultimate game animal to fill your tags!!

Offline sorno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Sit in on one of his hunter education classes and ask him a few very pointed 'hypothetical' questions.  A game warden often sits in on those classes (at least out here they do).
S.

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
From what you describe, they are in trees on THEIR side of the fence - correct?  So, they are LEGAL unless/until they have to retrieve a deer on your property.  Have you talked to them, in person?  Have you told them that you will prosecute if the set foot on your property and you will not allow them to retrieve game?

Until they shoot something, this is an ethical issue, and only becomes a potential legal issue after they shoot something.  You go after them now and they will claim they are hunting their own field and are perfectly legal.  Talk to them and get this worked out before it becomes a legal issue for both of you.  IMO anything even remotely violent will get you in much more trouble than them.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Yep i agree with Magnus.I'm also a hunter ed instructor and i wouldn't even think of stepping foot on someones property without permission.He would defintly get his license pulled if they get wind of that happening.Asking permission thats 1 of the commandments as us being hunters.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Pick that spot to start doing some nude sunbathing and nude yoga. When you see him, ask if he'd like to join you.

You'll never see him again!   :D    ;)    :biglaugh:

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Better yet, when you see him, ask if he could rub some suntan lotion of your back. LOL

He'll run away so fast that he'll run right out of his boots. LOL Free boots! LOL

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
pete this is already a legal issue he said they were poaching.

I would go with as many trail cameras as i can get and get them on video. you can probably get them in trouble for the poacher along with the trespassing if you can get them on camera again. I would wait to do anything else until i had them on camera.

After they are on film i would do something to limit there access or to scare any potential game of the part of the property they have been trespassing on.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
lmao @ mojostick.....dammit..ya made me spill my oj.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by magnus:
He needs to be prosecuted go fullest extent of the law!!! I wouldn't want someone like this teaching my kids about hunter safety. I don't own my own land and rely on door knocking go get permission to hunt. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Guys like this gives us all a bad rap. Sorry to rant but this just really burns my butt!
Magnus
Exactly  :thumbsup:

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
print the pictures out of them loading the poached deer on the four wheeler.  Laminate it and place it under your no tresspassing signs with a note that reads "this property is under constant patrol by the local DNR due to this event.  Anyone caught tresspassing, firing over property lines, or poaching will be prosecuted no questions asked.  AND YES THIS MEANS YOU TOO!  I'm watching."

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
pm me your address bro i'll do it my way.the barta way.and a tube of suntan lotion.hahahahaaaa...really though contact the guys superiors and tell them what he's doing and it better stop as he's poaching.he'll get fired in 30 seconds unless his superior is one of them to.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
I always wanted to have a large stereo system in place for opening morning.  Just imagine as pink light is ready to break in, and on comes Robin Williams, "Good Morning Vietnam" followed by some great loud/screaming good ol' rock and roll like Boston.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
There are a lot of evil non-violent ways to teach people lessons.  If and when you get the picks and videos I would go on every hunting blog site and post, post on the DRN and other government websites that let you, put up laminated pictures of the guy and his buddies with a big red Trespassing Poacher on the pics all over the local area at every store with a stick up board. Grocery stores, drug stores, sporting goods stores, you name it.  And just keep going by and posting pics as they are taken down.  Get his plates and find out his name.  Mail him, his wife and his buddies and their wives pics of their illegal activities ( anonymously of course.)  Send the pics to the local District Attorney with a letter an request to prosecute.  Make sure it is notarized!  Send the pics and a letter to the head of your game department, the governor and your senators. Mail the pics to his pastor and complain politely about his unchristian behavior.  Never get nasty, never get violent.  Talk about him and his buddies to everyone in your area.  Flat out make his life miserable.  And, prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.  The only way these things stop is when they are brought to everyones attention and the scofflaw suffers humilitation and financial loss.

If they want to play games.  Superglue in the door locks, potatoes in the tail pipe, etc.... always are good for a laugh.  A nice bright red poacher painted on his rig always makes a point.  ( these are of course illegal actions )  Cut up letters from a newspaper then put together with kids glue left in their stands explaining what is about to happen to them etc.... etc.... etc......  When the law is abused and the CO ignores you the game is on!

As for being threatened or my equipment damaged.  The law has nothing to do with my personal safety that superceeds the law and goes into my constitutional rights.  When trespass is ingnored that is again a constitutional issue.  When either is threatened, I know exactly how to deal with it.  Tolerance of this behavior is why it occurs.  Punishing it eventually leads to it stopping.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Benjamin199

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
I would invite my loud obnoxios Brother in-law to hunt and put him in a stand just on my side of the property line in front of their stands.
Jack Kempf Kwik Styk  60" 54@30
Holm-Made Goshawk 64" 46@28"
NRA Life Member

Offline LeverActionman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
We have the same problem a guy bought a house up the road from my house with 1 arce and thinks he got 1000 arces.My buddy caught him in his tree stand the first day of bow season last year and called the game wardon.Could not even get him to come out to say anything to the guy.My buddy ended up calling the game wardon 5 times and still has not seen him.Seems some people just dont care whos property they are on.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Be very careful dealing with this issue. You could wind up being sued and LOOSE if you take the wrong approach. Besides landowners have been killed dealing with tresspassers or poachers. Getting pictures and letting the law handle it would be the way to go.........James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
Post the property and ghilie up and photo them and go to the local police not the CO.once they trespass they will be violating a non game law,and the local police can arrest if you prosecute.If they are instructors they are probably friends with the CO.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©