3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new string + Accessories = big changes  (Read 201 times)

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
new string + Accessories = big changes
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
a month or so ago i had a string break on me well i finially got around to gettign a new one i also got a new strap on quiver and added some cat whisker silincers well today i went out adn shot, and boy was i surprized!  i shot my normal way three fingers under and was shocked to find i was shooting a godo 3 feet high.  this had me very confused so i decided to try split and that did the trick brought me right back down  any ideas what may of coused this major change?

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new string + Accessories = big changes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Nock placement on the string may be different.
If the string material is different that could make a difference, but it should not be 3 feet.
John

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Tsalagi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »
On anything that shoots projectiles---bows, firearms, etc.---any change to the apparatus itself (or the projectiles) will result in a difference. Everything has to be consistantly the same for consistant results. That's not saying you can't change anything. It's just that once you make a change, you need to make adjustments to bring the point of impact in line with your point of aim.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's your nocking point. Break out the stethoscope (your bow square) and check it out.
Heads Carolina, Tails California...somewhere greener...somewhere warmer...or something soon to that effect...

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
Everything u mentioned, wiskers, string and quiver, all can change impact of arrow.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©