3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinions on HECS clothing line, hide human electromagnetic field  (Read 1272 times)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinions on HECS clothing line, hide human electromagnetic field
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
I have had deer walk directly at me in a stand and look directly up at me when I have never moved.

The deer know the forest like you know the street in front of your house.  If you walked out one morning and saw a deer statue in your neighbor's yard, it would immediately catch your eye and you would look at it, because it wasn't there before.  After a while, you would decide it was a statue and go on about your business.  I've had deer do the same thing to me, but if all that happens is they see something that looks strange, but it doesn't smell strange or sound strange or move, they will probably ignore it and continue on.

As far as electromagnetic supression is concerned?  I dunno.....
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
Do you really think the companies statements are based on anything more than carefully selected marketing BS to take money from their target market?
There just pursuing the almighty "Profit" and will claim whatever they can get away with to get it!

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
If human magnetic fields are strong enough to pass thru the air and be detected by a deer how come my compass isn't effected?
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
Perhaps I should send this one to mythbusters.  I think its a load of you know what too.  I sure won't be purchasing a suit anytime soon, but I do think its an unique idea.  

I am with what some else said.  I wish I would have thought of the idea.  I would be rich because people are definately going to be purchasing it to go under their scent lok.

The funniest thing I see on TV is on hunting shows.  The camera films a big buck that bolts, the camera then swings to the hunter and the hunter says "he got down wind and smelled us" all along between camera guy and hunter there is over $1000 of scent suppressant hunting gear.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
I didn't fall for the Scent Lok claims and I will run from this idea as fast as I can. Keep clean, unscented shampoos and soaps, minimize sweating going to and from the stand, and pay attention to the wind.  I've been known to carry zip lok bags with a wet wash cloth inside. If I sweat going to the stand event though I'm lightly dressed going in, I will strip the top shirt off, wash off, put a clean one on and zip lok the soiled one.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
I am a Skeptic of the Validity of those products.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I beat robtattoo to the "magic hat" development.

Here's what I dood. I lined my "Packer" Bailey with aluminum foil. That reflects all the thoughts that may be picked up by alert deers, back into my head!

(Also stops them gamma rays from zippin' through my brain, disruptin my train of thought!)

Energy concealment clothing!?! What a load of sh*te!

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 04:34:00 AM »
I tape two cow magnets to my upper and lower bow limbs to break up my personal magnetism.  You have to reverse the polarity if your south of the equator.  Believe it or don't, thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »
Please don't tell me your going to invest in this clothing...if you do...well...Ciccone and I know of this bridge in Brooklyn....

:eek:    :saywhat:    :nono:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline browndown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
My opion is, keep it simple and keep it fun. You don't need the expensive clothing or gagets to kill deer. I would say that most people on this site have had deer look at them. I have to go my laser guided arrows were just delivered. LOL   :knothead:
Live like you are dying, god will pardon you thats his line of work

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
I've heard this clothing will eventually destroy your body's ability to produce goose bumps. Then where would all the fun be?

As much as I pooh-pooh things like this I will admist that I try not to look a deer in the eye if it looks towards me.

And I never lay my ears back if a shooter comes near!

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
I like to wear a spaghetti strainer on my head, painted a dull color, of course. This is hooked up to a battery pack (12 Volt) which I carry in a foil fanny pack. The wires are routed down my back and into the pack. This also doubles as a "tens" unit if my back gets sore.  Add to this a full camo wetsuit (no fins) and voila! Weatherproof, scentproof, feeling no pain--there is nowhere else to go after this......

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »
Jeeesh.. Now I understand why the Rifle hunters do so well hunting powerlines... It negates the EMF fields of the deer!!! NOT!!!

As for Professional hunters... Most are decent guys, whose job is to utilize products that sponsors are trying to sell to the general hunting public.. Saying something is useless or worthless is like walking up to your boss; giving him the finger and proceeding to tell him how you really feel deep down inside... Not only would he not be your boss for very long... but you'd probably not be able to work for anyone he has any association with...

The product will probably sell very well... It reminds me of the geico commercial with R Lee Emery as a therapist.... SELF-CONFIDENCE!!!
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
I hope none of that stuff works. When they can't see you, smell you, sense your magnetic field or anything else and and you walk up to the pile of cmere deer and shoot em with your crossbow why bother?
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline Downsouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with the theory behind it. Everything alive radiates a constantly changing EM field.
One has to be pretty insensitive to not be able to sense when they are around an agitated person, or feel love from a spouse.
I'll save the money on the high tech clothing, and put on my faded cotton predator camo.
Rather than sitting there worrying about my credit card bill or thinking about killing the biggest deer I can find, I'd recommend thinking about how beautiful nature is, or how fortunate one is to have the time to just sit in a tree for hours.
Rather than trying to hide my EM field with clothing, I'll make an effort to tune my thinking and emotions so when a deer comes close, I'm sending out happy and relaxed, instead of agitated and desperate to kill! What do you guys think of that, LOL?

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Well said Downsouth
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
To everyone about to invest in this clothing to supress your electro magnetic emmisions, as long as you have your checkbook out, I have an outstanding opportunity for you on some Rice farms around Tempe, Arizona that I am selling and I would be willing to let you in on the "ground floor". Approximately how many are interested out there?

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »
It has been a few years since this made its appearance.  Has anyone actually used itt?  Is ask as they were at NABA two weeks ago.  I guy I have known for years-as a distributor of products we buy- was next to them at the show.  I voiced my skepticisms. And he offered he has used it and  found it to work for him, in his hunting situations.   Just wondering if 8 years changed anybody’s mind????
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline styksnstryngs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
When the average hunter meets science, the result is always messy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©