3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: doublebull blinds  (Read 975 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: doublebull blinds
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
As I said there is no comparison, pinelander said it all and as far as BD goes, well he just does not get it. There was another thread on this and DB blinds were pretty much the winner 99.9% of the time by guys who hunt a lot. Shawn
Shawn

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Shawn- Maybe it's you that just doesn't get it. I guess all those birds I've killed out of mine were blind and deaf-including the 23 lber I shot last weak? The DB's are significantly overpriced and over-rated. Just because they cost more does not mean they are better.

BD
BCD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
A blind is a blind is a blind...Turkeys are stupid and do not care what is out there in front of them.
spend as little or as much as you want, you will still kill deer and turkeys if the set-up is good.
I was going to get a DB, but they are wayyyy to much $$$ to bring up here for a short 5 week turkey season. ( I hunt deer from treestands)
I like my ground max eclipse deluxe and the turkey I killed and the tons of others we saw out of it did not care one bit that it wasn't a DB...   ;)  
Shoot out of what you like and what is in your budget, it is not about " who is getting it" and " who is not"...
BD

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
The question was not weather ya can kill birds out of them, the question was basically one of quality and getting your moneys worth!! The DBs will outlast and out perform all other blinds. To each his own, but I would not waste money(again) on any other blind!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
I'm figuring I may just try to keep killing birds the 1st or second time I sit in it for the season...that way I'm getting my $$$ worth  ;)    ;)

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Hunt out of whatever blind you are comfortable with, and if you are only going to use it a few days a year during turkey season, any blind will probably work for you for a few seasons if you take care of it. If you plan to use it often, and want the best blind available, there is only one option (in my opinion). DOUBLE BULL!!
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Shawn-the question was what makes the DB worth double the cost of other blinds. My simple response is, it isn't worth anywhere near double the cost-my opinion. If you think DB's are great that's great, but just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that i "just don't get it".

Good Hunting
 BD
BD

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
If the DB is overpriced, then ALL the other blinds are WAY overpriced!
It's not even debatable, the DB is the best.
note: i never said you couldn't harvest game from the other "blinds"
Use what ya like, and have fun.  :wavey:
Steve.

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Hey Swampbuck, just my 2 cents and thats probably about what it's worth.I've had a DB since the 90s. I'd guess it's pushing 10 years old.It is used every spring and fall and still works great.I see it being around for a good many years yet.If I had to replace it I would definately buy another. Why? Simply the quality of the material and the way they back their product.I recently was in a local sporting goods store that handles both DB and also has a store brand that looks real similar. This is where you can really tell the differents in the fabric.The DB material feels more durable.
Over the years I have broken a couple of rods. ( More than likely my fault).My carrying handle tore off my blind bag on another occasion. In each case I contacted the folks at DB and replacements were sent with no questions asked and no charge. Keep in mind that they have made improvements since I bought mine. I certainly don't have money to throw away on these things but sometimes cheaper aint no bargain. I prefer to buy things once.DB gets my vote.
As for deer hunting from them, I have always had better luck if the blind was brushed up.Even better if it can be brushed and left for several days before the hunt. Unfortunately in my area I would be very hesitatant to leave mine in the field.
Anyway, good luck in your search and what ever you chose good huntin.

Ed             :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©