3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just an Observation about Trends  (Read 191 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just an Observation about Trends
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Nothing earth-shaking here....

It dawned on me this morning that forums like this have caused a bit of a change in local trends.

I used to notice when I traveled around that certain locations would have common simularities. You'd see a wave of like-brand bows, accessories, shooting styles, and even clothing among the groups of bowhunters.  

These days I notice much more diversity among archers and their equipment.  I'm sure this is due to broad-scale marketing, outdoor TV (same thing), and I'd bet forums like this. I have learned things from folks in Missouri, California, Italy, New York, etc. where before my learning would have been restricted to what I see among my friends and acquaitances.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just an Observation about Trends
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Interesting observations Bowwild.  I would tend to agree with you.  Hopefully the widespread information also is aiding old and new archers to become more proficient and successful.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
You are right!
I always notice that my choice of bows arrows equipment etc. is different to that of most German bow-people because i get most of my information...well lets make it inspiration from here.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline getstonedprimitivebowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
..dang internet did that !!!! Everything you need for hunting or building hunting stuff can be found in the woods...most free !!
"when  "words" are controled ...so are we !"

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
It seems to me that bow design's are influenced by the Trad forums also. All of these forward handle 56' (Longbows???) I'm of an older generation than alot of guys on here, but to me a Longbow has to be long by definition. Huh?? Not that they don't perform exceptionally well, but a "Longbow"?? Maybe it's just me?
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
we make trends.  Us.

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©