3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kids Bow ?'s  (Read 346 times)

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Kids Bow ?'s
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
My son Wyatt is turning 2 at the end of this month.  I want to get him a bow for his birthday.  

I am thinking of getting a "Black Rhino"  http://www.bows.net/blackrhino.htm#m35  M35 bow for him.

Have any of you seen these bows in person?  Are they nice?

Any other bowyers that make inexpensive (less then $100 money is TIGHT!) quality kids bows?

Thanks

Tenbrook

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kids Bow ?'s
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
Maddog Traditional archery...and Mike is a sponsor here.  Great guy to deal with!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline DW Dyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
The Maddog Pup Recurve is a great little bow. He also makes the Pup longbow. The price is certainly right for these bows. My son has the Pup recurve, its a nice little bow.

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Called Maddog Archery.  Great looking bows!

Only problem is since these are custom jobs it would be a few months untill I could get my hands on one.  I need something ready to go as my boys B-Day is two weeks away. I would have prefered a Maddog but since that's not an option....

Back to the Rhino Bows anyone have experiance with these bows?  Good stuff?

Thanks

Tenbrook

Offline David Spear

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
Give your son a rain check for the maddog pup. He can go to the website and pick the woods he wants in his bow.

Dave
TGMM family of the bow
Member since 6/6/09

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
Order the Maddog Pup, either recurve or longbow. Make your son a boardbow or buy him a little selfbow to shoot during the waiting period. You won't regret it. 2 years old is a little young to pick his own woods.
I've had my youngest grandson shooting a selfbow I picked up at a TBOF shoot for about a year now. He will be 3 in February, I'm ordering him a Maddog Pup soon for his 3rd birthday.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
I would also check with Mike @ Maddog.How big is he at 2yo? Maybe get a 3R starter glass bow and then when he gets 6 or so get him a bow made by a bowyer.JMHO I have 3 kids and they had glass till 7 and 8 yo.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline dpowers311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
The black rino's are great for starting them out and they have a trade-in program. My son has had one since he was 5 and loves to shoot it. The only thing I don't like is they have black lamination on the outside and I like to see the wood but the bow shoot good and my son loves it.

Maddog get a lot of good words said about his bows and what he does so I don't think you could go wrong there either.

Dave
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
The m-35 is a great starter bow. I deeloped the Black Rhino and operated the Company for several years. They are the best off the shelf bows aviable. There are happy customers(both parents and kids) all over the world. Chuck and Pat Jones operate the Company and took it even further by offering additional models.They also have a liberal trade in policy when it time to move to a bigger bow. Good Luck in your choice!
 Joe Furlong
Joe Furlong

Offline sorno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
My boys both have Maddog pup longbows.  I am very impressed by them, but since time is not on your side I'm sure the Black Rhino would serve you well.  My niece has one and both of my boys shot it before they got their pups.  They seemed to like it just fine, I know my niece shoots it well.
S.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
For a child that young check out the Samik angel one piece recurve from 3 rivers.  It's only 32 inches and is great for little ones just starting.  I bought one for my son for his birthday.  You get the bow, soft case, side quiver, three arrows and a metal wire bow stand for $60 plus shipping.  

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Youth+Archery+Bow+Sets++Angel+Set_c16_s234_p0_i2400_product.html

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »
I bought Black Rhino for a kid that wanted to shoot. It was a very good bow, well made and durable. Called on a Tuesday had it the following Wednesday. Great service and definitly a good bow.

Offline Northwoods

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
We have 2 black rhino bows for our 6y.o and 3y.o. A friend also shoots the 35# bow.  They are good bows for the money and the kids enjoy it. I've been happy with them and have had good customer service. As mentioned I've only heard good things about the Maddog bows as well. Good luck,

Ted
Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid or be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go - Joshua 1:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©