3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting set up,The call of the wild  (Read 353 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting set up,The call of the wild
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Well this is the time of the year that we try to get everything in order for the season. I read post upon post about what set ups to use, Bows,arrows,heads,blinds,and stands.

But the most important set up we forget is the Family that will be at home.So what are some of the things you do to prep the family for your up coming season or long hunt away.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting set up,The call of the wild
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Honey I'm going hunting for a week or so... BYE.

My Wife is going back Up to Jersey to visit family, So She will be gone for 3 weeks, I get 3 weeks to go hunting.. I can do My 3 weeks all at once or brake it up...

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
I promise I'll be around home more about christmas time! (They understand and expect this)
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
pretty easy.  My wife's coming with me.  Might be a problem once we've got kids.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
I always ask my wife to come with me but she says she'd rather stay home. I'm kinda thinking she may have a boyfriend or two on the side. I was wishin' it was a couple of girlfriends...  :rolleyes:  ... Then maybe I'd never leave myself! ...  :p  ...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by mcgroundstalker:
I always ask my wife to come with me but she says she'd rather stay home. I'm kinda thinking she may have a boyfriend or two on the side. I was wishin' it was a couple of girlfriends...   :rolleyes:   ... Then maybe I'd never leave myself! ...   :p   ...

... mike ...
You aint rite at all...LOL   :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
I have twice the work to get done, blinds, equpment, washing clothes. You see, my wife hunts with me, and is a great hunter, which she continually rides me about. I thought it would be great to get her into hunting a few years back, now with 16 deer, 1 Turkey and a 4x4 bull elk, yes I said elk, here in KY, she can hold her own with most men. She really enjoys it, especially the peace and quiet. She has been helping me get the blinds ready, picking up bad apples and baiting the poor deer, scouting and wathcing deer with the spotting scope and binos. Her two best deer have been taken on the ground, archery tackle at 10 and 16 yards, one a 11 point, 16 inch inside spread, 150#  and last year a nice 8 pt, #170, 15 inch inside spread. Someone asked her recently did she trophy hunt, she said everyone is a trophy and that she went by the POH record book. The guy looked puzzled and asked her did she mean P&Y, she said no, POH, Pounds of Hamburger per deer, only shoot the fat ones!!LOL!
samuel koger

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Well, I do it with a lot of sensitivity. Like Honey, I'm going hunting this year again, Oh and it might be in Texas for a couple of weeks. I started telling her that last October, this way by this hunting season she is use to hearing it.

Ken
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Fortunately my wife is very receptive toward me and hunting. She always asks when I am going.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Mcgroundstalker, when did you say you were going hunting?  Just kidding, my wife usually hunts with me, I need someone to pull the deer cart for me. These past years she has been shooting as many deer as I do. I bought the cart because I was getting to beat up to drag her deer out and still have enough back left to keep hunting for the rest of the season.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
paven,My deer cart is a body bag.It keeps the deer from getting caught on brush and such and it freaks people out when they see me hurling it into the back of the truck.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Arkansaslongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
My wife doesn't hunt but she looks forward to hunting season every year because she and the entire family loves deer meat; she also knows how much hunting means to me and she is 100% supportive towards my addiction;

After 31 years I really believe she enjoys the time to herself and the grandkids keep her busy as well; I am trully blessed with a wonderful wife...   :campfire:
May the sun always shine bright on your path and the wind be in your face

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
not married but my woman who's 13 years younger than me better have her boyfriend stop eating my oreos or theres gonna be trouble up in heaa.  :D    :dunno:    :D
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
My wife is pretty understanding of how important this time of year is to me.  As long as my "honey-do" list is caught up I'm good to go.  :thumbsup:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
If you would go to the super sized oreos I wouldn't eat so many.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
"Honey, I'll be hunting in the morning" is my standard set up. I never go on extended hunting trips, but I do go hunting nearly every weekend from September to New Year's Day. Fortunately, I'm only about 10 minutes away from where I hunt.
Sam

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
I have only been married 4 years last week.  Each year I find myself explaining less and less.  The first year was why do you have to set the alarm so early and why cant you be home just before dark.

It's getting closer to: "have a great time, see you when you get home".
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Well, since kid #2 is due Nov.1, it may be a little harder to figure that one out this year.  But I like to "soften the blow" of a hunting trip right after a nice dinner of venison backstrap.  :)

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
Well let's see... I've replaced the broken microwave/stove hood...  tiled the back splash in the kitchen... She knows that if she really wants something on my honey-do list as I become fanatical about my shooting... She can put a humdinger or two on there as long as I am able to be finished before season opens....

Now her birthday is right in the middle of the rut... and that can get me in some real trouble, but she is very understanding... especially if I have the line on a real good buck... besides, she loves venison even more than I do...
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
I covered all my hunting in a pre-nup agreement 36 years ago. I have to remind her of that once in a while though.
bolong

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©