3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kanati Slim Jim Bow Quivers Ready for Hunting Season Sale  (Read 1168 times)

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Kanati Slim Jim Bow Quivers Ready for Hunting Season Sale
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Ready for a bow quiver that rides tight and close to your bow? A Bow Quiver thats effective at minimizing torque. Has a greater distance between hood and gripper so that arrow vibration is at a minimum. Heres the "Answer"

We have introduced the Kanati Slim Jim a few weeks ago and have quivers in stock for delivery. We are offering a "New Product" sale for those interested in purchasing a Slim Jim bow quiver. Both models will be available. The Kanati Slim Jim Angle and the Kanati Slim Jim Pro. Both will mount to your bow just as the standard Kanati Angle and pro's do. Both models will carry 4 arrows. Three 2 blade broadheads or fieldpoints and one judo style point. 3 color options...black, brown and tan. Price normally will be $89.00 for either model Slim Jim. Sale price from August 15th 2010 to Sept 1st 2010 will be $79.00 plus shipping. Web site to be updated soon!!! Give us a call for any info needed. 252-227-2114

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kanati Slim Jim Bow Quivers Ready for Hunting Season Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Would the Judo mount to the rear of the quiver or to left in the photo? It looks like there is an arm at the top and the bottom pointing rearward, is that correct? Would you happen to have a photo of a quiver with the extra shaft mounted also? Do you know the weight of the quiver? Sorry for all the questions, but you have me thinking.

Thanks,
Terry K.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Terry , I think you got it right. the gripper is on the bar and the 4th arrow would be closer to the bow hand. however you may be able to spin the griper around and have the judo away from the bow. I'm sure John will chim in with the correct info.

John, nice pics of the bows on Anewakee Creek. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Good questions Terry! Judo mounts to the rear by two of our new "Shaft Rider" arrow grippers made for the Kanati Angle and Kanati Pro Slim Jim bow quivers. Will try my best to get you a picture over the next few days. As far as handling....the quiver rides on your bow closer to the riser therfore causing less torqe and allowing the quiver weight to be more centralized on the bow.Its my favorite quiver because of its handling qualities. Depending on leather density the quiver will weigh between 8.75 and 9.75 oz. about the same as our standard pro model quiver.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Black Kanati Slim Jim with optional red lacing.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
John Davis and I checking out my old stomping grounds at Anneewakee Creek in Douglasville, GA

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
This is a great deal, John - and just in time to get ready for hunting season in many places. Your customers and prospective customers have got to love this very thoughtful offer.

I can hardly wait to see and pick up my Slim Jim quiver this Saturday at the Sissipaha shoot in Burlington, NC I've been telling "Blackie" all about it but I'm not sure but what she's decided I'm just teasing her. Boy, will we surprise her, huh?    ;)  

I'm with Don, all of the pics are great, John.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Bernie, you already agreed to buy a slim jim so the sale does'nt apply to you. Full retail price for you. LOL DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
I had to own one of these neat little Slim Jim quivers, but I wanted it in the "Kingwood" colors that John Dill offers on his other quivers. My thought was to get the outside broadhead sheaths in black and the inside (middle) broadhead sheath in reddish-brown. That way it would go with various colored bows like it was made for them. I wasn't sure John could provide me with that color combination, so I called him up and asked him. Of course, John assured me that he could make the quivers with the materials I wanted, so I ordered a Kingwood Slim Jim and expect to receive it in about 4 days. Since I shoot mostly 2 blade broadheads, this should be ideal for me to use for the majority of my hunting. There is often a comparison made between the Eagle Flight Archery quivers and the Anneewakee Archery quivers, and rightly so. They are both very high quality and function extremely well. EFA is tough to beat, and I won't say that the Slim Jim will beat my great little EFA Navajo Chief Totem quiver (or my other EFA quivers), but once I saw this new Slim Jim that John is making, there was no way I was ever going to be able to live without one! It reminds me a lot of the Alaska Bowhunting Supply leather broadhead case, which is also a very nice item and is just about ideal for transporting three 2 blade broadheads. When I am out hunting with a bow quiver strapped to my bow, I always carry three arrows with broadheads and a fourth arrow tipped with a Hammer small game point, a Judo point, or an Ace hex head. This Slim Jim will let me carry my normal set of hunting arrows and have it in a more streamlined package and one where I eliminate the problem of trying to line up the broadheads so that I don't make multiple cuts in my foam padded quiver heads and end up eventually shredding the foam. I couldn't and wouldn't ever be willing to give up my bow quivers from EFA, my side quivers from Safari Tuff, or my back quivers from Ron LaClair and Mike's Archery Leather. All of those quivers are the very best under varying conditions, so I will continue to use and appreciate all of them, choosing the one that will serve me best based on the conditions of each particular hunt. I think the Slim Jim will be spending a lot of time on my bow this year. I will write a review when I have had a chance to try it out. By the way, John is a really nice guy to deal with, but so are Don Ward, Rod Jenkins, Ron LaClair and Mike Griffith who make some of the other outstanding quivers I own. It's good to have so many great products to pick from that are sold by terrific fellow TradGangers.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
That's a very innovative design, to say the least. Excellent!    :thumbsup:    :clapper:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
Dad-burn-it! Oh well, Don, (batman) - ya can't blame a guy for trying (that's what I get for being an early bird - whew - those worms taste NASTY     :p        :D    )

You know, there is a lot of good scoop there in what Allan says. We are truly lucky to have so many talented and thoughtful sponsors here on tradgang. He's also right about all of those men being good chaps and friends.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline justin ammons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
is there a limb bolt model? or one that holds more arrows.  i miss alot  :)
Pr. 3:5-6

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure, so far, only 3 BHs plus the "specialty rider" that John mentioned/showed here. I do think i heard him mention "thinking about" a limb bolt model. I know there is a two piece strap on model in the works, if not already available. Hope this helps. Like John says, you can always call him with a special question/concern.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline justin ammons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
thanks.  i'll give him a call.  just didn't want to do it this late.
Pr. 3:5-6

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Amar11, that was well said. There are a lot of good products out there and no one company makes them all. It's good to have a choice of quivers just as it is a choice of bows. We are lucky to have those choices.
2fletch      :archer2:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
The truly best part is to see these same guys at a shoot and see how they interact with each other as helpful friends and healthy competitors (with a lot of jovial picking at each other). At the NC state shoot in May, we had a sudden rain/wind squall, late evening the first day, that tipped Don's set-up over and rolled it into the roadway. John was  first there to help Don right his easy-up and restake it for the night. Just typical behavior and I'm sure Don would have done the same for John, had the fates turned it around the other way.

How can we go wrong with the sponsors we are blessed with here?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
The more I look at that Black and red Slim Jim, the more antsy I get. It's really nice looking - and the one I ordered for this weekend is gonna be black too. BUT not quite the same as this one. Believe me, I will have some pics of it ready to show off come Sunday.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Amar911

Enjoyed talking with you! Nice write up also!!! Thanks for your business.

Ishoot

Thanks!

Justin

I hope to have a limb bolt Slim Jim after the first of the year.

Bernie

Thanks for the nice comments. Your Slim Jim is ready to grace the limbs of blackie!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
So good to hear, John, and I feel sure it will be a real "gracing". My Anneewakee Addiction bow, "Blackie", already looks deadly just by itself and I can't imagine that it won't look like a real killing machine with the Slim Jim in pace on it. I know that all I have to do is do my part, 'cause that duo is gonna be r-e-a-d-y for the season.

Isn't it Saturday yet???    :jumper:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Bernie

John Davis will have his new "Addiction" package by the weekend celebrating his 3rd birthday! Maybe you guys can compare notes.  :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©