3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Blackfeather Recurve limbs  (Read 308 times)

Offline tradspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
New Blackfeather Recurve limbs
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Elmer Patton (Crow Creek Archery) made a gorgeous set of new recurve limbs for my Crow Creek Blackfeather r/d, t/d longbow.  I posted some pics on the *********** and have attached a link so that you can see the workmanship and quality that has made Crow Creek and Elmer's creations so desirable.   :thumbsup:  

http://***********.bowsite.com/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=212349&messages=10&CATEGORY=3  

The bow is an incredible performer at 52#@28in.  Elmer is a super bowyer and has now become a personal friend.  Check out his site for more information.  Here is the link to his site:

http://www.pactaclures.com/Crow%20Creek%20Bows%203/crow%20creek%203%20home.htm

Jim

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Blackfeather Recurve limbs
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
Beatiful set of limbs. Elmer made my buddy and I a set a while back........he sure builds nice bows.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline tradspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
I saw your earlier posts and contacted Elmer to make me a set as well.  When I bought the bow originally he wasn't building recurve limbs for the Blackfeather.  When I found out that he was, I jumped on it.  Sure glad I did.  He really is an artist and a super bowyer!
take care,
Jim

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
I just called Elmer yesterday and asked him to build a set for my Black Feather riser.  I shipped the entire bow to Elmer for him to refinish.  Now he's going to build a set of matching recurve limbs for me to boot!   :)  

Here's a reminder pic of my Black Feather:

The limb bolt pads and limb tips are birdseye maple and ebony.  The ebony on the limb bolt pads will be angled as on the riser.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©