3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alligator Hunting and Family Fun - Billy's Story Added  (Read 1990 times)

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alligator Hunting and Family Fun - Billy's Story Added
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
I can't wait to see the video of this hunt! Bill makes awesome videos!  Great Job again Billy!
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Great story Billy.   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Hi, this is Little Billy again.  Thanks everyone for following along.  Tonight I'll tell you about my Papa's hunt.  It was dark and rainy out.  This was the first hunt that Jen was hunting with us.  Most of the time she and I were in the back of the boat resting.  It was sort of hard to fall asleep because of all the mosquitoes.  We used a thermocell next to us to get rid of the bugs and covered up under a rain coat.  Papa was on the hunt for about 3 hours before he shot his gator.  But he missed a few times before he actually shot one.  I have to admit that I was sleeping through this hunt too.  Daddy tells me that we got within about 8 yards of the gator.  Papa made a perfect shot.  Mr. Terry quickly manned the line and started to fight the gator.  It got quite tangled in the weeds and it was a big struggle to get it out and close to the boat.  I woke up about the time it started banging against the boat.  Jen was already up manning the big light so that everyone could see.  I was barely awake when Papa put another shot through the gator's lungs.  Then Mr. Terry and Papa taped the gator's jaws shut and then we were able to get it into the boat.  I don't have a picture of Papa's gator.  We used Papa's camera and we haven't gotten the pictures yet.  But the gator was just shy of 7 feet.  Hopefully we can post some pictures of Papa's gator tomorrow.  I'm really tired from soccer practice.  I'll tell Daddy's story tomorrow.  Good night everybody.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Hi Billy!  Here's a couple photos of Papa's gator. You're doing a great job and are stringing it out and keeping us waiting. Must've learned that from Guru. He's the king of suspense.

Billy and Papa

Billy, Papa, and Bill

It wasn't all hunting. We had to eat too. It is hard to maintain a figure like mine. It takes a lot of eating.
Here is the 3 generations at Pogey's in Okeechobee for breakfast. Billy is getting his "usual" of 3 french toast and bacon.

This is Billy's hunting buddy Jennifer setting the HS 100M hurdles record. She also has the pole vault and 4x100M relay records. The girl can run. She won a 4 county cross country race by 1/2 a minute. We'll have to see how she does on bears next week in Maine.  I sure hope we don't get chased by a bear, cause I'm pretty sure I'm not going to out run her.

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Nice going gators slayers.Young B.Langer is a chip off the old block.What a treat he gets to bowhunt with his dad & Grand-Dad he is a Lucky Lad !! Looking forward to NEW langer production in MARCH 2011' !!!  Thanks for sharing Terry.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Thanks for posting those pictures, Mr. Terry.  Now I'll tell you about Daddy's hunt...
We just got out on the water and we were already seeing a lot of gators.  They were pouring off the sides of the bank and popping up around us.  Papa was filming.  Daddy took a couple of shots in the day light.  It was good footage because of the day light.  You could see all his misses very well.  When night time came I was wide awake.  A half bag of M&Ms did the trick.  It was around 11 0'clock at night when Daddy made a good shot on a gator.  I asked to help participate in getting the gator into the boat.  Mr. Terry handed me the reel, that was attached to a broom stick with a buoy on the end, just in case it went overboard.  I got to reel the gator up to the boat.  It was really hard because the alligator was very strong.  Once I reeled it up next to the boat Daddy used the "traditional bang stick" with a perfectly placed arrow through the top of the gator's head.  We pulled the gator's head up next to the boat and Daddy grabbed its jaws with his hands and Mr. Terry taped the jaws shut.  Then we hawled the gator into the boat.

Daddy and me with his gator

Daddy, me, and Papa with Daddy's gator

Three generations of Langers and their gators

I had a great time hunting in Florida with Mr. Terry, and his daughter Jen.  Thank you Mr. Capp for helping me get my first big game animal with a longbow.  Thank you Daddy for bringing me on this hunt.  Wait until the kids at school hear about this.  I love you Daddy.    :archer2:

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
Another great story Billy!!!..You're off to a great start.  Keep it up.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Way to go to all the Langers. A very special pat on the back to Dick for passing the Tradition and Heritage. Well done POP!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
Awesome job Billy!  I can't wait to hear of your next adventure.

This won't be the last we hear from the Langer clan. They are raising up some true hunters. Bill's youngest daughter told me on Wed. that she wanted to hunt black bear. I think she is 4 or 5 years old. His next youngest son told me about how he wants to hunt grizzly bear. Not any grizzly bear, the biggest one in the world. Being the ever teaching father that he is Bill quickly pointed out that the Kodiak Brown bear and polar bear were bigger than the grizzly.  No problem, Ben will hunt them!

Bill, you and Kate are keeping the priorities straight and your kids are the evidence. Congratulations on a great hunt and experience with your son and I look forward to many more. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Papa, you are the man!

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Thanks again Terry!!!! I will tell Katie.

I Love you too Billy!

-Daddy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©