3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CatQuiver vs Safarituff ?  (Read 485 times)

Offline Wal

• Trad Bowhunter
CatQuiver vs Safarituff ?
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
Interested who uses or has had any experience with a CatQuiver, interested in getting hold of one, sort of tossing up between it and a Safari Tuff, but have a few concerns like , how do they handle different length arrows i.e SGB's and B/heads, plus my arrows end up varying a bit after a few good rabbiting sessions in rocky areas. They do sell a poxy looking rubber block to compensate for this. Also do they get into the back of your head and neck giving you the ****s.

Think I already know what will suit me better, just after some opinions before I fork out the sheckles.

Cheers

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CatQuiver vs Safarituff ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »
I had a cat quiver and got rid of it. That thing was annoying to me, could not wear it. I just bought a dmall size ST and will try it soon. It seems to be the ticket.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
With really long arrows (my draw is 30+") the CatQuiver doesn't work very well.  I had the catquiverI.  With it properly adjusted it makes it hard to sit and not being able to see the arrows I didn't know if I was grabbing a blunt or a BH (ever see what a Snuffer does to a tree rat?)

The ST is pretty slick.  Different length arrows aren't a problem and you'd be able to see what you're grabbing if you look down.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
I've had several Cat Quivers over the years. I now have an Arrow master which I find to be a much better quiver for real hunting situations.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
I like my Cat III. There is one posted on the classifieds super cheap last time I checked.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
I had a catquiver with a full back pack. Didn't like it much. If not set up completely right and checked often (it will loosen), arrows would fall out. Lost a few that way.

I love the Sarafituff quiver. I've been using it for 3 years now and wouldn't use any other hunting quiver. Long arrows are not a problem, Rod had a long fletch cover for me.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
They do different things.  

Hard to compare.  If you want to carry arrows of different types and sizes, get the Arrow Master or Duiker.  No question.  

If you want to carry gear and stuff as well as arrows,  maybe consider the Cat quiver.

Both are good at what THEY DO.
ChuckC

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
The Safari Tuff would be a better choice.
John

Offline levibear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
I have wresteled with this question for many years and here are my thoughts....I have many quivers each one with its positives and negatives. Each one for its own specific uses...The Cat is handy for me in a treestand bunge to the tree. Side quivers are great for staking/still hunting.
If i am roving/bunny hunting a big back quiver full of wood bunny busters is the way to go...There is also alot to be said for the GFA quiver very handy in tight brush or trees. But one quiver perfect for all situations , not so much  :archer:
Never trade time for money, cause when your out of time money don't matter

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
I'll sell you my CQ.  The BH's are exposed.  I cut the H out of my finger when moving the quiver in my truck.  Wouldn't advise anyone to use one.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Safari Tuff all the way.  I've spent a small fortune on different types of quivers (including the CQ--III, I think).  There may not be one quiver that is perfect for every different situation, but the Arrowmaster is as close as you'll get.  

If you need to carry stuff, use a fanny pack, back pack, or frame pack--the ST quivers work just fine with any of them.  If you like to hunt from a stand, just bungee the ST to the tree like you would any other.  If you are roving for bunnies or grouse, cram it full and take off.  If you are travelling through thick and nasty stuff, you can slide it around to most any position and get through without snagging or loosing an arrow.

If can afford only one quiver, my suggestion is ST.  If you can afford multiple quivers, the ST should be one of them.

Chad

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
Safari Tuff. I had CQs before getting my ST. It's a hands down winner, IMHO.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »
SafariTuff is much easy to load and unload (for me) then the Catquiver, and I can carry arrows of different lengths without a problem.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline mgompf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Never tried SafariTuff, but I love my Catquivers. Like some have said before I don't keep it on once I get to where I am hunting.
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and
with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20
feet closer to God.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
I just bought a cat III, it is not here yet; I hope I did not make a mistake. I will see what I think when it gets here.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
Like many of the others...have owned and hunted with both and like certain features of both.  That being said I just sold my last cat quiver and all I have left for hunting is my ST arrowmaster if that is any indication of worked best for me.  Quivers are one of those items that are very personal and tough to get one just right for all, but I like the Arrowmaster better than any other I've found.  I mainly stalk and still hunt.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
I too have had both and the ST is the one for me. Not even close.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline sj_lutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
I've got both.  I picked up a Cat VI from Cabelas bargin cave a year and a half or so back, and got a Safari Tuff this time last year.  While I use the pack part of the Cat a good bit in season, I haven't touhed the quiver part since I got the ST.

Offline Saltydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
Man I'm glad I checked out this thread before I ordered a side quiver for my upcoming moose hunt. I had pretty much decided on ST but have always thought I wanted a CAT. Can't wait for my new ST to arrive in the mail. Soon I hope because moose is only 5 weeks away.
I've learned that walk in the woods with my father as a child did wonders for me as an adult.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
I am sure the ST is good as well.I might even try one.I have used the CQ for many years and myself and buddies like using  them.I just sold myIII and and got a III 1/2.I quess over the years you just learn to figure out cool ways to use them.I am a pack rat and the set up works for me.I like a quiver on a bow also,I did that last year,decided to go back to the CQ again this year.Like anything,some like these,some like others,whatever works best for the individual at hand is the best one,right?
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©