3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need bow advice  (Read 155 times)

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
need bow advice
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
guys ive been looking at every add, everywhere at bear bows. i love the older Super kodiaks, like the looks of the tamerlanes. i don't really care for the kodiak hunter, i would perfere a longer bow. which bears would be smoother to draw and shoot since i have a 29" draw. i'm thinking kodiak 62" to 66" 45#. i'm to darn old to pull over 50#. i've shot the kodiak hunter and the string pinch is to much since i shoot three under.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need bow advice
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
A Bruin!!!  LOL!!!

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need bow advice
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
I have a 29" draw and find their 60" Kodiaks and Supers not too bad, and they are quicker in most cases than a 64". (they do not make a 62" or 66" Kodiak/Super K.  

Look for the older Grayling Bear Super Kodiaks from 1967-76 since they pop up occasionally.  Prices vary on weight and condition, but expect to pay $250-400 for a nice one with your specs.  

Tamerlanes were Bear's target bows and really nice shooters, but finding the shorter ones (63" was shortest) is tough.  Most were 66-70" and weights under 40#. Good luck.
Lon Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©