3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Goodbye Tradgang? A sad day for me...  (Read 675 times)

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Goodbye Tradgang? A sad day for me...
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
Greetings fellow tradgangers.

Yesterday, after much deliberation, I posted a topic titled "Any fellow "travelers" on tradgang?" seeking to know if there were any fellow Freemasons on this site. My topic was pulled without explanation or warning.

Let me preface what I am about to say by quoting from the home page:

"Expect to be respected if you decide to join the gang, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. Tradgang.com has a zero tolerance for disrespect directed to anyone. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion."

Now the caveat, not that it's anyone's business - mind you - but for a little context: I am a Christian and a Freemason. Mutually exclusive? Not in the least bit... Christianity is my faith and masonry is my fraternity of like minded brothers who have taken vows to live an upright (and mind you - "Christlike") life.

Belief in Jesus Christ is freely divulged here, and often. I have no problem with that. This is, after all, America. Ideals of patriotism are also freely expounded here. Again, no argument. But, considering this nation was FOUNDED by Christian Freemasons I find myself baffled by the persecution my fraternity has suffered.

My post was of no greater or lesser significance than any other post inquiring as to the identity and location of like-minded archers. It is arguably no different than a post seeking information on - for example - fellow tradgangers residing in my area or members of a local club.

Today I feel I have been shunned. Today I feel disrespected on the one site in cyberspace I thought was a cut above the rest. The one site I routinely sought encouragement from when I needed to be reminded that there are decent people in the world.

My heart is heavy. Should I stay or should I go?   :confused:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Goodbye Tradgang? A sad day for me...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
I think you should enjoy the site for the Traditional Bowhunting information, entertainment, and fellowship that it provides and quit being sensitive about a post that got pulled.  It's just a computer screen.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Juan,

Everyone on here including me has had a post pulled at one time or another. If it bothers you that much, email Terry and ask why. I am sure he will answer your question.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Juan,

I would suggest you stay.  There is another element of the rules that must be considered whenever we start a thread.  The thread must be traditional archery related.  A thread asking if there are any fellow Trad Gangers that live in ones area meets that requirement.  Personally, I don't think the thread that you reference meets that requirement.  

I don't think you have been shunned.  Send a PM to Terry, one of the Moderators or to Rob and discuss the issue that is burdening you.  You might note that my personal signature line addresses Christianity and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in every post I make no matter what the topic might be.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
leaving or staying is all up to you...

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Hang out with us you have nothing to lose,but we may have something to gain from you.God didn't leave when things didn't go his way! why should you.
  If you want I will put a post up just to have it pulled,Oh wait that has happened a few times.I'm still here.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
I'd say that your post was pulled because it was off topic and had nothing too do with traditional bowhunting.

I'm sure a mod or admin will be glad to answer your question if you send them an email.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Please stay, I have enjoyed your posts.  It would be a shame if you left.  That said, I almost left once when I had a thread deleted that was in no way offensive.  But I dabbled around with other sites for a few days and decided that this was the best. I don't get why they do that here, and wish they could lighten up a little,, but its not my site.  Also, you wouldn't be leaving just the moderators but also all of us who appreciate your input. The greatness of this site out ways some of the occasional flaws.  To make an analogy,, I'm sure there a people in your life who aren't perfect but you still love them.
Stick around, eventually everything changes for the better.
Josh
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It is the courage to continue that counts"
Churchill

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
Here is an idea. Add a forum where you can post anything you want within reason.  Call it Pow Whoah.  I have met a few trad archers who left trad gang at 3d shoots because they felt there "right to free speech was impinged upon". Their loss, but as a business trad gang would benefit from having a forum where people can talk about their interests and find common ground with other archers.  Just a thought,, I'll shut up now
Josh
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
Churchill

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Stick around as I'm sure it was nothing personal. The traditional archery and bowhunting subject policy has been around from the start...

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
I just read your post; it’s still up on my computer......stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline Ethan Grotheer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
I understand your feelings. It would be easy to take it personal, but I really don't think it was. I too am a Christian, but not everyone here is, and moderators have to be diplomats on here. I once had a thread of mine pulled after some random user made sexist comments on my thread. I didn't take it personally. I would have wanted it pulled at that point anyhow.  
But I really don't think that Christianity is the issue either. It just simply wasn't trad archery related. You've discovered where the line is here, so just take it as that.  :)

I really don't believe it was an attack on your Christianity or beliefs, or I wouldn't use this forum either.
Truth is this is the best forum out there, period. Reason being they have guidlines that they stick to. Gotta respect that. If it isn't archery related, then no go.

I hope you stay
Ethan

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I understand the policy fully.
That being said, can you explain the longevity of such posts as:
"Grits & eggs...a hunters breakfast?"
"Number and Size of Coolers for Moose"
"Who gets cell coverage where they hunt?"
etc., etc., etc.?

I was inquiring into the number of fellow Freemasons who are ALSO ARCHERS... oh, never mind.

As for Molson's response above, namely "quit being sensitive about a post that got pulled", I find that to be exactly the kind of tone and disrespect I am referring to.

I'll take it "on faith" that my post was pulled for the reasons stated above. If not, then I warn each and every member who reads this: God loathes a hypocrite.

Have a fine day, one and all, and God Bless (sincerely.)

Juan
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by NorthernCaliforniaHunter:
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I understand the policy fully.
That being said, can you explain the longevity of such posts as:
"Grits & eggs...a hunters breakfast?"
"Number and Size of Coolers for Moose"
"Who gets cell coverage where they hunt?"
etc., etc., etc.?

I was inquiring into the number of fellow Freemasons who are ALSO ARCHERS... oh, never mind.

As for Molson's response above, namely "quit being sensitive about a post that got pulled", I find that to be exactly the kind of tone and disrespect I am referring to.

I'll take it "on faith" that my post was pulled for the reasons stated above. If not, then I warn each and every member who reads this: God loathes a hypocrite.

Have a fine day, one and all, and God Bless (sincerely.)

Juan
:rolleyes:    :dunno:
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
Juan,
I hope you stay, this is an AWESOME forum.  I get mad about some things to.  Just remember this is not our house, we are just visiting.  

I could list a number of reasons why I love this web site.  The one that sticks out most for me is meeting Winterhawk1960.  We shoot together every week now, that would not have been possible if it was not for tradgang.

So hang in their, this web site has some of the best people in the world on it.
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Me too....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Post is there but its locked.
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
Churchill

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Your topic got pulled... big deal! Let your ego (or hopefully lack of thereof) tell you whether you go or not. We can do nothing about that. up to you Sir

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Our Trad family will be diminished without you but the choice has to be yours and yours alone.

I too have had at least one thread pulled. Did I feel good about it.. can't say I did but it was what it was.

I feel a little silly admitting it but it was painful. I decided that the good here outweighed my hurt.

I hear that you're too hurting and for that I am sorry.

I pray you can come to a similar conclusion.

God bless you brother
With the love of Christ
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©