3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Goodbye Tradgang? A sad day for me...  (Read 676 times)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: Goodbye Tradgang? A sad day for me...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
I did not read your post, so it would be unfair to pass judgement; it does sound like you  enjoy the site, and are willing to contribute information and help to others, so, I would encourage you to stay.  The rules are a benefit to everyone, and I am thankful there are rules, because it could become unruly otherwise, when it is about traditional bowhunting.

When it happens, it should not be taken personally, because a lot of people have had it happen to them; your in good company.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
I hope you stay  :)

I'm neither a christian nor a freemason, but would enjoy sharing the cyber camp-fire with you!

:campfire:    :archer2:  

Like the others have said, we won't force you to stay, but send terry an email, and he'll probably tell you why.

I have also gotten a thread pulled, but, this is still the place to be, for me!!  :)
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Mudd says stay, that's enough reason. Request for this post to be deleted, and.. it never happened.
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It is the courage to continue that counts"
Churchill

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
I'd say that your post was pulled because it was off topic and had nothing too do with traditional bowhunting.....
I can guarantee you that's exactly why it was pulled - not because of any Christian or non-Christian issue.
I once posted about rifle hunting on here and that thread lasted less than an hour...
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Juan,

It seems that I am not alone when I say that I would like for you to stay. You have contributed greatly to the community and it seems that it is a choice that you will have to make for yourself. I can understand your frustration, and sometimes I don't quite understand how some things get pulled and others don't.

This site, to me.......is the best traditional site on the net, partly because of the rules being enforced.....but mostly because of the kind of people that regularly visit here. I enjoy the company of "like-minded" people and appreciate the opportunity to be able to post here. That being said, I have had posts pulled also.......and there have been a lot bigger "fish" that swim in this ocean that have had theirs pulled also.

As has already been said.......it isn't our house, it is just open for us to visit. I don't make the rules, but do my best to stay within them. This site is SOLELY responsible for my having to get to meet and shoot with so many GREAT people. For that I am very thankful.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
Juan, i'm just glad you enlightened me on what your original post was about...i was clueless.   :)  
There have been a lot of good people here whose posts have been pulled.  Don't take it personally..
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
i had two or three posts moved or pulled, i wouldn't take it so hard.
pick a spot stupid!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
Juan you're just reading too much into this.  A moderator closed your post because they felt it was off topic.  That's all there is to it. It's nothing personal and you're not being singled out.  It happens all the time.  Enjoy the site and forget about it.

As for me being insensitive.... Yeah, it's my nature!      :help:    :D
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by WildmanSC:
Juan,

I would suggest you stay.  There is another element of the rules that must be considered whenever we start a thread.  The thread must be traditional archery related.  A thread asking if there are any fellow Trad Gangers that live in ones area meets that requirement.  Personally, I don't think the thread that you reference meets that requirement.  

I don't think you have been shunned.  Send a PM to Terry, one of the Moderators or to Rob and discuss the issue that is burdening you.  
Bill
I will have to agree with Wildman on this one.  Asking about other TGr's in your area is one thing, asking if there are any that share your faith is another.  I know that is fine line, because you are technically asking a bunch of TGr's, but also technically that does not have to do with the subject of Trad Archery.

If you were in the Mods shoes, having to read each and every post(maybe missing some of them at times because of how many there are) and having to decide if it was on or off topic, that would be difficult to say the least.  So many of the threads, including the ones you mentioned, are right on that fine line and for whatever reason have not been deleted.  That is up to the discretion of those who have the authority to do so.  They are making decisions based on opinions(and we all know about those).  That said, the owners and by extension the mods, have the final say, regardless if their opinion matches the majority.  I am sure it is difficult at times for the mods to delete posts, especially if they have interest in the subject, enjoy the topic, are in fact freemasons, etc.... but they still must do it, (if they feel it is off topic) becaue they must follow the rules too.

I have enjoyed your posts very much over the years, and hope for one you stay.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
ive had post pulled to for silly reasons. makes you not want to post at all when you have alot of the guys on here getting away with it...which you gave perfect examples of! it just depends on who the lil king and his buddies like:)

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Juan   Please reconsider and stay.You yourself said after much deliberation so you must have felt there may be a problem with your post.I enjoy your input and post and I have had some of mine pulled.I also feel it is the best forum out here b/c they do not put up with a lot of things not related to trad archery.

Offline canoeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
I don't know about your post specifically, but I think the mod or admin do a great job with this site.  No one is perfect, but it seems that they do a great job with the amount of work it takes to keep this thing running!

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
look on the bright side this post wasn't pulled.Maybe thats a sign for you to stay.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
It seems your post is no longer locked. Speaking for myself it might have gotten locked since the moderator didn't know what you meant. If I didn't read this thread first I would have been confused too.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Juan, I would miss you.
This thread also will likely get pulled, but I just had to stick my 2 cents in here.

In a couple of weeks, this will be just a wheel rut you tripped over. It shouldn't be the hill you died on.

Please stick around, you are one of the good guys.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mint:
It seems your post is no longer locked. Speaking for myself it might have gotten locked since the moderator didn't know what you meant. If I didn't read this thread first I would have been confused too.
Never thought of that...good point Mint!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
Staying would be a good idea.  My threads have been pulled and I have even been chastised a time or two. I don't get upset or take it personally.  This is Terry's back yard so to speak and I would listen to him in his actual back yard and do as he asks just like I do here.  Terry and I just had a minor disagreement in a thread on something so I just dropped it.  No big deal just two different lines of thought.

I don't always agree with everyone here, or even the moderators all the time.  What sets humans apart is that we can disagree and still gain benefit from others with similar interests at the same time.  

I hope you stay.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Juan,stay with us I can need a place to stay when I pass by,I have to buy a lot of bows and don't want to spend on Hotels.LOL.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I had a thread pulled once because of all things I inquuired about a tradtional recurve on the market and if anyone had shot it.  Off topic no.  Was there other issues, yes.  Once I talked with a moderator, I understood the situation.  Was I a little bum-fusled and unhappy, yeah.  I understood when it was explained to me why.  

To leave the site or not is your choice.  There are going to be threads that skirt the fence on being off topic.  For me I just always remember that anything can be censored on here, that is just the rules and I am okay with that.  Having a topic pulled can be taken personal, but do you really think that they are being personal towards you are just regulating the site?

This is a trad bowhunting site.  Maybe suggest that a forum be created for religious topics and the spirtualilty that is intrinsic in the bowhunting experience?

Just food for thought.

Jeff
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
If I can stay after having a post pulled then you can stay!  I'm not used to people disagreeing with what I say.  (I have a problem with authority) That being said, I had a post pulled when I was showing the arrows my son had made and I wanted an opinion if people would buy arrows that looked like that.  The next day somebody posted pictures of their new arrows they were going to have in their shop and it stayed forever.
The point being, what you asked isn't any different than 100 others who asked the same thing in a different way but that day a moderator earned his/her stripes.
Stay on and read for a while before posting again and the sting will wear off.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©