3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have you ever been awed by a bow?  (Read 965 times)

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have you ever been awed by a bow?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
For me it's my 2000 Bighorn Special Edition......
It was made by Ron Nelson and couldn't fit me any better if I had been the one to order it.  I've had it for almost 3 years and still sit and admire it all the time.  It hangs on the wall in my living room and is a true piece of art, at least to me.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
The grip on a Brackenbury recurve is perfect for me. Doesn't matter what they look like, I'm in awe of how comfortable they fit me. I can shoot them better than any other bow. My current Brack and I are getting along very nicely.  :)

I am always in awe of how smooth a Hummingbird recurve draws and shoots.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
"Awed" by a mere bow?  Nah!  I've seen some that were indeed beautiful, but it will take more than a bow to awe me--something like the awesome sunrises and sunsets that my Father makes every day....things like streams that babble and gurgle over the rocks...like the five eagles I saw last year flying together--one being a golden with about a 6 foot wing span...a doe nursing twin spotted fawns...these are the things that awe me.     :pray:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline barredfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Rose Oak King Panther.  Just got number 2.  Best I have ever owned and I'm old so I've owned a bunch.  Beautiful craftmanship and great to shoot.

Jerry

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
Want pics...here's my DAS riser with newly fitted Border HEX 5 lilmbs...55#  @ 28"...60" length.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
I feel that way about my Pittsley Predator Custom Classic. I adore the osage in the riser and especially the copperhead skinned limbs! I am in awe every time I pick it up! And when I shoot it.......I can barely stand it!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
I have to vote with David Mitchell on this one. Not that there aren't some pretty bows but nothing compares to the beauty laid before me daily.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I found that perfect bow for me. I wouldn't sell it for any price. I liked it so much I began collecting bows that this bowyer made.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I thought I'd shot enough different bows that I'd seen it all but I shot a BW PSAV and right away I knew that was the bow for me. I picked up a  used SAV  while I was waiting on my new PSAVX to be built and was really in awe at how good I could shoot the bow right away. I just received my new bow today and it is truly a awesome bow. The limbs are Olive Ash with Ironwood riser 60in long and 50 @ 28in , perfect !
" Live long and prosper "

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Yep, I sure have been.
A few years ago I had to admit that age and arthritis had taken their toll. I had to put my 60# limbs for my Bear takedown aside and go with the 50# limbs. All of my Bear limbs were old Grayling limbs and I was OK with them.
Then I put a set of 50# Rose Oak limbs on my takedown and shot an arrow. I was completely blown away by the difference in speed. The Rose Oak limbs are smooth and stable and very fast -- faster than the 60# conventional limbs. I was indeed awestruck by the bow with the Rose Oak limbs -- well the new SBD bowstring had something to do with it too. Great performance.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
With all the bows I have acquire through the years, there are four that have knocked my socks off...all very special selfbows.  It seems those bows have a beating heart   :notworthy:  

L. E.
I have several of Fred's bows...which one were you awed by  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
Yep.

My best looking bow right now is my Blacktail Elite VL 1-piece. My bow that is the best looker and shooter combo is my Predator Anniversary. My best shooter is my brand new Strickland "Stick" and for a full-camo, metal riser bow I think it looks cool!

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
I was awed by a Shrew I saw at the KZoo show.  I think it was two shows ago now.  It was a T/D with black glass and a grip that fit my hand like none had before.  It felt like the 'one'.

I didn't buy it...     :readit:  

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
tippit,

I hear ya there too.  I have one of those now.  Wish I built it, but it was built by Kasper Bertsch.  It's all Osage with horn nocks, and it shoots!!  I has a heartbeat...  The heartbeat of the spirit that moves through all things.

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
I've even had a couple that I said"Awe shoot, wish I wouldn't have picked that one".
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
I have 2 Black Widow recurves, both with exceptional wood and I shoot them pretty well. Every time I kinda get the itch to add to my 2 bow collestion I think what for? I'm never gonna do ant better then what I have.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
Sorry about the pitiful spelling-I'm in a hurry!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Tom Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
Denton 2009 I shot A RIVERS EDGE LX - I took pause and looked around to see if anyone got a glimps of what I just experienced.

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
Of course, there is my Gila. Selfbows are special to me.

Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
I'm glad to see this topic has stirred so many memories for us. Today my nephew and I were shootin in the yard he says,"what?" "I didn't say anything" I say. another shot or two and again he say "what?" "David I didn't say anything" he tells me "your chuckling everytime time shoot am I doing something wrong?" "Nah buddy your doing everything just fine." He probably thinks dear old uncle is loseing it lol.
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©