3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help. My PCH suddenly is loud....  (Read 534 times)

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help. My PCH suddenly is loud....
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
What j-Dog said.  New string stretched and needs to be shortened to get back to that sweet brace height.   John

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
That arrow setup sounds light to me. I have a 44# PCH and shoot both 2016s and 3555s cut to 29" with 225g up front.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
Take the bow apart and look for friction spots on the riser footings and the same for the limb footings. Put a small amount of Vaseline on both, put Vaseline on the limb stud pins and put some string makers" wax on the limb bolts and also on the area they receed into the brass washer on the limb. I have been doing this to my Widows for quite some time and I never have any problems with noise. I shoot about a 570 grain arrow, brace at 8.625.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline rightminded

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Check lower limb for a slight twist.  Easy to do by accident.  Will cause a pop when string goes back in the grooves as it is drawn.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©