3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many from Arkansas?  (Read 558 times)

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
How many from Arkansas?
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
How many people are there from Arkansas? I keep seeing people showing up from Arkansas so I am wondering. Also I am wondering if there are any trad shoots in Arkansas and also if not why not because we have a lot of shooters. And why don't we try together and hunt sometime. I like camp time with people not just myself. Just some thoughts? God Bless Ty
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many from Arkansas?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
I'm from Hope, maybe we can get together some time for some kind of hunting.
bolong

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
I'm not from AR, but I'm as close as you can get and still be a resident, actually former resident, of KS.  I grew up in a small town of 3500 people, Galena, KS.  Galena's city limits on the eastern side of the town is the MO state line.  The OK state line is about 2-2.5 miles S of our southern city limit.  That puts us down in the extreme SE corner of KS.  It's probably an hours drive, maybe less, to get to the AR state line and its closest point in the 4 State Area.  It's been 41 years since the Navy took us away and now we've been in the Lowcountry of SC for the past 34+ years.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline R. Graddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
I'm from Bryant,Ar.  I hunt alot at Wattensaw and I am going to try Dagmar this season as long as they dont flood for most of the season again.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
How many shoot Elmer Patton's Crow Creek bows?  I have a Black Feather longbow in his shop right now for a refinish.  While he's doing the refinish, he's going to build a set of recurve limbs for me to go with the longbow limbs.  The recurve limbs will be 62" and 45-47#@28".  Elmer is quite the bow and a great friend.  Elmer's shop is in Wynne, AR.  Below is a link to the thread showing a pic of the Black Feather Elmer is refinishing for me:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=091831#000000  

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
I shoot a Dalton. Great bow and Elmer is a fine man.
bolong

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
I was in Ark for 13 years before moving to Tex.  Man I miss it.  I know Texas has a lot to offer but Arkansas is outdoorsmans heaven.  Great country and lots of public land.  Not to mention the flyfishing which was my job.  What was I thinking getting maried and having a baby!  :banghead:  
Not realy I wouldn't trade my life for anything but I would love to move back to Ark.
Brian
Brian Harris
"I rarely ever give a definate answer about hunting or fishing."  Me

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
TroutGuide:  SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Not so loud.  ;)

I'm from Rogers.  Lots of good hunting and fishing around here.  I love it.
Silence is golden.

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
I,m from jonesboro and i hunt all over. It would be cool to get a weekend hunt/camp together on one of the WMAs or NWRs this year..
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
I work in Little Rock, but live and hunt in Grant County near a little place called Prattsville. Have roots in Saline County. Lin
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
I live about 6 miles out of Conway in the Saltillo community.  A TG (Arkansas) get together hunt sounds very interesting.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
Hey Tyler come over to Bonnerdale,,You have a invite for this bow season...Dave

Offline CLOVIS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
If you go to Dagmar you better stock up on bug spray and I mean STOCK up.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Maybe a camp up on lake Ouachita lot of public ground there just an idea...do i hear a second...

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
I live in Crow Mountian AR.  Yup, a sportsman's paradise.  Easy on throwing out that "D" word guys...
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
I live in Benton, a TG get-together would be a great idea and Lake Quachita sounds as good a place as any.  

Free tracking dog service within a hour of my home in Benton/Bryant area, should any of ya'll need assitance finding your wounded deer!  Have bow, will travel!   :archer2:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline SkottyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
I reside in the northeast area. 36,000 acres of bow only close by. 11,000 of it 20 minutes and the other 25,000 45 minutes away. It will be my first year of traditional bow hunting. I can not wait. Camping will be great later in the season when skeeters die.
>>>------Scott------->

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Hey the skeeter count is down, they only caught 85 in the nets in Stuttgart on Monday. Sounds good Arky if I can find time, I am hoping to get a night job at Remington. Plus I might be looking at a promotion at the new job so I will just have to see. I am always up for a hunt, Fish, or shoot on a Saturday right now though as long as I got the gas. God Bless, Ty
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »
Skottyboy, i hunt some of the places you are talking about.. what kinda of bow you shooting?
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
A few of you know me from the site and a few of you know me from stumping, bowfishing, hunting and whatnot.

I have invited others to hunt with me on wmas for 2 years and so far have only had 1 guy take me up on it.  On the other hand I have been invited by Buckster last year and I never made it.  So I understand some times things just don't work out.

I'd really like to get a group of us together for a hunt and camp.  Ouachita is good for me or whereever. Public land is fine with me.  Tyler if you meet me at the house we can share the ride.

I have 3 of Elmer's bows.  I have a Blackfeather, Crowmag & a Dalton.  Love them all but the Dalton is my absolute favorite.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©