3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Following suit...Who's from Michigan  (Read 1796 times)

Online Gib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Following suit...Who's from Michigan
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
grayling here. born in standish ,been in grayling 32 years, right accross the road from the Manistee river flies only stretch, biggest brown this year 24 inches caught on the hex fly at night, wife worked for the dentist  that owned Fred Bears house, spend as much time as i can after the elk in the Pigeon river forest,either calling them in or hunting I should say help hunting them as I haven't drawn a tag myself in 27 years of trying . Love to go up and take people to call them in though. and if anyone gets lucky and draws a tag give me a call would love to   help out. And if you want to go yourself let me know also be glad to direct you to some areas to find them. Know where some big bulls are right now and the next couple of weeks it's going to heat up for calling purposes. I've had elk bugleing to me in mid October as well while deer hunting.Oh yeah bears in the back yard getting the bird feeders if you don't take them down.good hunting this year everyone. yeah michigan sure is good for the soul.gib

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gib:
grayling here. born in standish ,been in grayling 32 years, right accross the road from the Manistee river flies only stretch, biggest brown this year 24 inches caught on the hex fly at night, wife worked for the dentist  that owned Fred Bears house, spend as much time as i can after the elk in the Pigeon river forest,either calling them in or hunting I should say help hunting them as I haven't drawn a tag myself in 27 years of trying . Love to go up and take people to call them in though. and if anyone gets lucky and draws a tag give me a call would love to   help out. And if you want to go yourself let me know also be glad to direct you to some areas to find them. Know where some big bulls are right now and the next couple of weeks it's going to heat up for calling purposes. I've had elk bugleing to me in mid October as well while deer hunting.Oh yeah bears in the back yard getting the bird feeders if you don't take them down.good hunting this year everyone. yeah michigan sure is good for the soul.gib
I will take you up on that offer.  I have been reluctant to put in for one, seeing as I don't know the first thing about elk, except they are bigger than deer, and don't live in the woods I hunt.

What is amazing is all the different cities and towns mentioned don't have much if anything in common except that there are guys/gals from each one of them with a common thread...Traditional Archery.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
:rolleyes:   Born in Greenville and now live in Livonia.  

I guess I qualify!

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
Now live in your home town. Grew up in Farmington (long before there was a Farmington Hills, lived 20 out of 30 or so years in Europe and now retired in Greenville. Great town and lots of public land around plus the shooting club I belong to has about 70 acres.
Ron
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Born and raised in Grand Haven, yup...I'ma beach boy     :cool:  
I miss Michigan and all it has to offer, love the state. I want to travel and hunt in different places but I know I'll always end up back in Michigan where my heart is. We've got land up near Manistee and I love it up there.
Living in Southern California right now unfortunately.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
I wasn't born there or Lived there, But I was there for a few weeks and it is a Very Nice State.. Maybe one day I can get Up there for a hunt or 2.

Online cecilm

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
born and raised in Clarkston,moved north to Hillman,MI. for a few years now reside in MN.We get back to hunt Gods country as the father in-law calls it every now and again. Do miss it.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
I'll chime in...
born and raised right here in the big burg of Lake.  Live about 10 miles from the house I grew up in.  2 brothers and lots of "expeditions"- grew up hunting, fishing, water skiing, snow skiing (behind the snowmobile)- its a serious conversation when we joke that we all made to adulthood....
Can't even begin to name the broken bones, and hospital visits....Married my high school sweetheart and now raising 3 of my own.
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline machomanandysavage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
I've lived in MI my whole life. Lots of guys from MI on here!
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Born in Grand Rapids. Been in Hudsonville the last 19 years.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Well if any of you are going to Bass Pro Shops, just send me a PM, and if I get it in time, I'll come by to meet you.  I'm just 3 miles north of there, or if you prefer, stop by for a brew or a little Maker's.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Grew up in Laingsburg. lived in the U.P.(eh) and Montana. Lot's a places when I was in the USN. Now in OVID.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline tradhunter58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Born and raised in Maple Rapids, MI. I am 27 and have been shooting a recurve/longbow strictly for six years now. Puts a whole new twist on the meaning to close quarters. No other way to hunt for me.

Offline DBinAlamo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Born and raised in Kalamazoo, and still here.
A&H ACS 64" 50#@28" 3DH Riser.
Strive for excellence....  Not perfection.
"If your not working hard, someone else is" Dentler.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
QUESTION!!!

So with all the Trad hunters in Michigan, why have I NEVER run into another Trad hunter in the woods in over 20 years of hunting!!!!?????

We must just be sneaky!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
Good question Overspined!

It have run into other Trad hunters only twice.
Once it was two guys from Pennsylvania, and the other time it was Ron Pittsley and his son.

That was the first time I had ever laid eyes on a Predator. (it was camo)

I also remember finding a beautifully done up cedar shaft laying in a two-track. I still have it. I quickly removed the Zwickey Eskimo from it, and put it to work, but whoever the owner of the arrow was, he/she sure had a short draw.

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
Also born and raised in the great state of Mi. I have been on the western side of the state all my life in the Hart area except during college and a short time out in AZ, too hot for me. I really love this state the seasons and the hunting. We dont have alot of different big game like some of the western states but here you can litterally hunt out the back door. I have killed several deer in site of my house, last year I shot a 8 point watching my wife and little girls in the hot tub. I own 2 buisnesses and things are tough right now and I hate the thought of relocating so hopefully things will get better. If any of you guys here are in the Hart, Silver lake area give me a holler I have lots of targets and room to stump shoot. And a Taxidermy shop with stuff to look at.Don

Offline klingville

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Pretty new to trad archery so I haven't contributed any posts in the several months I've been a member of the site, but here's a topic I can add to....

...livin' in the UP near Houghton....

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
Why did you have to start this thread and remind me how much I miss Michigan . Born and raised in wyandotte . At 18 joined the air force, ended up stuck in  Syracuse ny. Used to spend my summers in black lake/onaway.  Long live macinaw
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Emilio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Hi, I was born and live in Spain but work for a Michigan Company based in NOVI and I use to go there twice a year, does it counts??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©