3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chris Hurt - 14 yo trick shooter  (Read 327 times)

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
Chris Hurt - 14 yo trick shooter
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Met Jim (mountainman) Hurt and his son, Chris, this weekend at the Whittingham Summer shoot.  I took some pics and some video and told Jim I would post them up here.

This is Jim and Chris.  Jim is showing off Chris's fist bow.

He now shoots a Leon Stewart bow, like me.  He's also a lefty, like me.  I one day hope to shoot... like him.   ;)  

Here Chris is showing off what I consider to be poor form.

In the following video, Chris is shooting at a gum ball (I think that's what it was).

In this video he's shooting at a BB.

The last sequence is of him having a little fun with an audience member.  A variation on the William Tell.

Here's Chris warming up and intentionally missing.

And the video...

Afterwards a very grateful volunteer.

This lady had nerves of steel.  She left the area without being told what really happened.

Also, I think you can see Sharpster in the video and the last pic.  He's all the way to the right stadning with his son or nephew (don't recall).  

Yup, picked up a KME Broadhead sharpener.  Had been planning to, but was having a time deciding which one with which stones.  20 minutes after sitting down with him I left with my new kit.

Enjoy.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chris Hurt - 14 yo trick shooter
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
I always enjoy the time that I get to spend with Chris and Jim. I am fortunate that I have been able to see them, and shoot 3D with Chris at Baltimore and ATAR for the past few years. Honorable folks and good shooting companions.

Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Neat!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
Saw Him shoot the last time I went to Whittingham.. That kid is good..

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing! That is incredible! He'll go far.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Nate N

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »
I have gotten to become Friends with Jim and Chris and let me tell you what.  They are some stand up good people.  I also got to be the audience "VOLUNTEER" at his show one time.  I have a blast with those guys and hopefully now that my baseball season is over we can spend some more time together roving around Penn's Woods.
Nate
Robertson Purist 62" 75#@28
OMP Adirondack Hunter Deluxe 68" 50 @ 28

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Great pics and videos of a fine father and son team. I also am honored (like Killie) to count Jim and Chris Hurt as real friends, from both B'more and ATAR. They also presented me with a fine neck knife, at ATAR one year, for my service to our great country, and as The Official Dino Wrangler of ATAR What a good pair of human beings they are, and Chris is so humble in his talents - it is always a true pleasure to see their smiling faces and feel their warm handshakes - not to mention enjoying the shows - LOL  

Oh, and you're going to love that KME, Mitch - first time in my life (75 yrs) i have ever been able to sharpen my broadheads and knives to true satisfaction - and easily, at that.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
What a wonderful thing to see a father and son enjoying archery together in a very special way. Chris is a very talented young man, I applaud both of them...   :clapper:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
They are a real pair to draw to, Ron, for sure.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
That is very cool. I hope to meet him one day.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
I'm going to tell a story on Chris:

I've known the family for a good while and watched Chris and his sister grow up, literally. I can remember him shooting that wee bow.

Their lives and mine drifted in recent years, but Poppa tells of a time when he was throwing up lifesavers for Chris to shoot, instead of gumballs.

After every shot, Chris would squeeze his eyes shut hard and rub them. Jim asked "why?" Chris commented that when Dad throws up the lifesave, it flips end over end and the sunlight shinning through that hole in alternating flips makes his eyes hurt!

OMG! To have the level of focus!!! So dad decided on gumballs instead to eliminate the strobe light effect of the hole flashing light in the kid's eyes!

You go, Chris! If there is a more down to earth, American family then the Hurts, I've not met them. They just don't come any better than that family of 4!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
That is awesome!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
I've known Jim and Chris for a few years now and have to say they're two of the finest people you'll ever meet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©