3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wedding During hunting season  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wedding During hunting season
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
When my daughter and step daughter were in high school they played volleyball, basketball or were on the swim team. Laura and I went to every game or competition even during hunting season. Looking back on it, none of those "days off" had any impact on my success rate and in the end the girls have been grateful for our attention to their needs. It was a "win/win" kind of thing.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
well said Bill
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline canoeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
Family and friends come first in my world.

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
I think you have to go. I had the same exact thing happen to me last opening day. I did get out in the am tho, and went to the reception in the afternoon.

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Last year, a nephew got married on opening week of archery elk season.  I mumbled a lot and cursed even more but we flew to Minneapolis and attended the wedding.  Missed the first week and some of the second.  Swore that this year would see me in the high country the whole season.  That was until my brother called a few months ago and told me to block out August 28th because my niece, his daughter, was getting married.  That is opening day of our Colorado archery elk season.  Now we are flying back to New York to attend the wedding.  Who said lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place?

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Mudd,

No you didnt overstep.  I acctually was thinking of going not only to see him again but to see a lot of other friends I haven't talked with for a while in that area.  It should be a great time equally as fun as hunting.

I was pondering of seeing if any fellow trad gangers in the area would have a place for me to reflect and maybe even have a chance at my first archery deer.

Lets Hear it Hudson Valley Guys!  Any one near poughkeepsie Chuck, Sean, Jeff, Joe....  I'm not saying, I'm just saying that's all  :rolleyes:  

Consequently Robert, there's no way it could be the same wedding  :dunno:  PM me if you think it could be, we'll meet up.

I wanted to do a survey so people could have an anonomys opinion. I knew this subject could be bait for a hot debate due to how passionate people feel both about hunting and family/friends.  :dunno:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
When your old and grumpy like me you can be assured that they picked that day so all the crusty old guys wouldn't come and ruin their day!

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
There's a tradganger tim something or other who lives in Chester (across the hudson) not far from there. My wife's family is from across the river in washingtonville and there is a big public state forest called Stewart Forest next to the airbase that has deer, beer (oops bear), and turkey.

I keep meaning to do a little hunting there as I keep seeing all these critters, but seems whenever we visit it isn't archery season.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
It would all depend on how good a friend he was.  My brother got married for the third time in NC in '04, I went to Saskatchewan duck hunting instead.  I MIGHT have gone as far as Delaware for wife #2.

My buddy got married the second day of turkey season back in '92.  He was lucky, I shot a bird by 10, and caught a nap during the ceremony.

My anniversary is March 7. Small game ends Feb. 28th, Stripers don't open till March 16th, trout season doesn't open till April 1, and by then, the ice is too thin to ice fish on!  So, my wife knew about the small window that we had!!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Hey Charlie..I didn't read all the responses, yeah, I can hook you up!!  Find out exactly where the wedding is. ( I'm just curious).
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Sean,
 PM sent
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Think about this,send him an invite for a barbecue if he shows up then you show up at the wedding, if he doesn't then send him a piece of meat from what you shoot on his wedding day. better yet make some jerky for his first year anniversary!   :archer2:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
A good friend of mine would know better than to plan something like that in hunting season, but one did.  It was after the rut so I went, but it was 4 hours away in the big city so messed up the whole weekend.  Never again.  

I don't even go to family functions during hunting season unless it is planned out with me ahead of time.  I skipped out on one of my sister-in-law’s third or was it fourth wedding; I got no complaints. The rut is zero tolerance.  They all know better by now so no issues if they do and I don’t go.  I have killed four bucks on the last three nights of functions I skipped.  I double bucked one time.  

I meet my wife and dated her three times then told her I wouldn’t be around for October or November.  She was ok with that.  I did take a night off once in there when the weather was real bad to go out with her again.  She was good with that so I married her in March.  We had the kids all in March-April so no birthdays or anniversaries to deal with during spring turkey, fall hunting, or most of the fishing season.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
If it was a good friend there would be no question.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
My daddy never got over me getting married on November 1st.

Before getting serious about a woman, you need to check her birthday. It's poor planning for parents to have little girls during Oct. and Nov.

That being said, family still wins out.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
I missed my grade school buddy's wedding to go elk hunting. To justify my position, the trip was already scheduled by the time I found out about the wedding (still have not met his wife 6 years later...). I still felt bad since he was in my wedding.

My brother is getting married the first day of our season this year. No doubt I will plan to be in my stand in the morning but I will certainly be early to the wedding.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Let me get this straight: some dude I haven't seen in a year is sending me a wedding invitation for a Saturday in hunting season? Are we talking just any random Saturday or the 1st Saturday in November? Are we talking the Saturday one of my kids or my brother wants to go hunting?

There is no way I would go....dude is probbably just looking for a gift anyway. Would not even have to think about it.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
I'm flying away to a wedding during prime hunting time later this year.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
I got married November 9th, 1985. Saturday, first day of muzzle loader season.
When planning the wedding she asked what the best day would be in November. I picked that day because I didn't own a muzzle loader at the time.
She was perfectly fine with my reasoning.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
He would have to be a real good friend or get married after dark   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©