3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does anyone "Not" get along with their Huntmore chair?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Does anyone "Not" get along with their Huntmore chair?
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I haven't read anyone who didn't have a positive accounting of their use of the Huntmore chair.

I was just wondering if anyone had a different take on them.

Not looking to bash anyone or anything, I just want all sides of the story on this product. The only thing that I've read that could in any way be considered a "con" is its physical weight.

Thanks in advance!

God bless,Mudd

PS:I am starting a Huntmore fund for myself and I want to go into my purchase with my eyes wide open.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does anyone "Not" get along with their Huntmore chair?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
Mudd, I just got ine this summer and they sure are comfy.  That being said, I'm not sure how I'll get along with it in actually hunting with it.  I like to go really light and unincumbered.  This chair does not fit that description....so we'll see.  I'll probably use it just for selected set ups.  I typically like to be mobile and able to quietly move as needed.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
Well, after I unpacked my chair, I found to my dismay that one of the three straps that holds a corner of the seat to the U-shackle is totally unsewn and useless. This is the first time I put it all together since I did not need it since purchasing it earlier.  Not a happy discovery at all after paying $200 for my seat    :(   .

The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
If you get ahold of scott, he will make it right for you.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
Like Grapes said.......call Scott
He will replace it at no charge. That's the first seat pad I've heard about that has had a problem.

Where did you buy it? Online? If you bought it from a dealer he should be able to supply you a replacement also.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
X10000000 on calling or emailing Scott.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
I e-mailed him last night.  I bought the chair while away on a trip--about 6 1/2 hours from me so going back to the little shop I got it from is not doable.  It will work out I'm sure.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
I think I'll begin a search for a used one. I doubt I'll have much success though, they are just too new on the market to have many used ones as yet.

But should I stumble across one then I could try to get a trial at one for something short of the whole $200 bucks plus shipping.

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »
I've also heard (no first hand experience - too expensive) they can be noisy when you buy them.  Standard fix is 'send it back and they will make it right'.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Jim , I wrote to Scott about the new washers and clips and he sent them to me "FREE" of charge and even pd. the shipping as well...If you don't email or P.m. Scott about any concerns then you can't expect a problem to be addressed if one comes up...I noticed no noise from mine after adjusting the bolts like the instructions explain but I did write to get the updated washers and quick buckles and they sent them...Can't beat that kind of service...Now as far as weight I'll tell you like Mike Mittin explained it to me in a P.m. he wrote last year when I asked about it...He ordered one for his Dad and his Dad "Huntsmore" with him and the weight may be a problem if you pack it several miles in rocky terrain etc..But if you hunt an area and say you go 1/2 mile or a mile then it won't be that big of a deal...It comes with a duffle bag and I'm quessing that Scott has heard much on the weight issue and possibly working on a lighter model...As far as the "Quality" it's built to last ...Yes some issues might show up like the sewing issue and I would bet my Huntmore chair that when Scott reads this thread he would replace that seat pad for "Free"...God Bless, Keefer's <")))><

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
I'll weigh in if I ever get it.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Great chair, I've got two of them. I hunt with one and the other one I keep at home to sit in while I eat my grits and eggs in the morning....   :rolleyes:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Well some people may say I'm on he large size, and when I set the legs higher I notice one or two slide back down to make the lowest setting. Other than that it is quiet and actually not that hard to set up.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
What is the weight capacity?  I’m a little heavy and heavy people need to know.
  :dunno:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I tried a shot out of one, once.  It must have been the wrong height for me, because when I leaned forward to shoot, it put the hammer down on my boys.  I can get that to happen any time for a lot less than $200.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Great chair, I've got two of them. I hunt with one and the other one I keep at home to sit in while I eat my grits and eggs in the morning....    :rolleyes:  
You have a mean bone in there somewhere....lol

I'd come eat some grits with you(gag!!!) with you if you'd sell me your extra chair(cheap)...lol

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
I'd come eat some grits with you(gag!!!) with you if you'd sell me your extra chair(cheap)...lol

That's a very tempting offer...could I record with my video camera?...   :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
In the now famous words of one of America's best known women, "You betcha!"..lol

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
That's a good impression of Sara....   :clapper: ....   :biglaugh:

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Mudd,
If you go to Ron's & eat grits, I gotta come along!
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©