3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowguivers revisited...EFA  (Read 435 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowguivers revisited...EFA
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
On a recent thread about bowquivers I mentioned 2 of our tradgang sponsors, but did not mention EFA. Don Ward (2fletch) contacted me..he remembered I had been a previous customer(3+ years ago), and asked if I had any problems with my quiver I had bought. I told Don I had issues with the quiver slipping and could not keep it tight. Don said he had made some changes and asked if I would try one of the new models. Don sent me the 2 piece Cherokee to try on my bows. My first thought was,Well they still look great. The stitching and materials were excellent. When I fit it to my Zipper recurve the quiver stayed tight and was easy to take off and re-install. The first 6 shots were high and left but returned to center after that. On my Longwalker longbow, I did have some initial slipping on the upper limb. Don gave me some instruction to fix that and the quiver has remained tight. My initial shots with the longbow were slightly high but returned to center after a few arrows. All in all, I would recommend  the EFA bowquivers, and especially Don's brand of business and work at keeping customers happy.
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowguivers revisited...EFA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Nothing but positive results for me.  I just ordered my fourth quiver from Don.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Don is a stickler for customer service. He always makes time for a customer's questions, and sincerely wants everything to be perfect regarding his quivers. You can't go wrong with his products.

Damn fine shot, too!
Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Karen is the worker and brains of the outfit. Don's just the shipper and trick shot(LOL) Great folks here.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Yep, nothing but good results with mine. Have had it for 3yrs now and it is still going.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Just recieved my second EFA quiver. The new attachment system is an improvement on an already great quiver. Can't beat them for an unobtrusive quiver for light/slim longbows and recurves. I dare you to detect any change in arrow flight. And I don't even like bowquivers. Great product and great service.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :campfire:

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
6 for me- I like the fact that I can call Don and discuss things with him- like needing a quiver that would hold my grizzly 190s  and he RESPONDS with the only quiver I know of that will get that done.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
I have a couple.  Never had a problem with them slipping.  Just need to get them as far up the fades as possible and make sure they're on tight.  If you do that, they don't slip.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
I'm not sure if have the back trapped on the Longwalker limbs caused the initial slipping but once I followed Don's instruction the quiver was rock solid. The black color goes well with all my bows so it will work and look good with each one.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Thanks for the support everyone. At EFA (Eagle's Flight Archery) our goal is to provide innovative quality products with a mindset toward traditional. We encourage imput on current and future products. Your ideas are important to us. Thanks Owlbait for your feedback.

About two years ago we made a substantial improvement to our quiver products with the "Talon" grip. We had a good product but on some few bows it could be difficult to get it on tight enough. The "Talon" grip is now standard on all of our quivers and it allows for a much tighter grip. We also have added options like the "Totem" and the "Wing".

Now we produce 3,4, and 5 arrow quivers in several designs. We have limb wrap, limb bolt, and side mount attachment systems. Now, with the "Totem" and "Wing" options, we can fit almost any bow and anyone's personal taste. With all of these products we have not lost sight of why we started making quivers in the first place. That was to make a lighter weight quiver than what was already on the market, to make it as "traditional" as possible using the best quality materials.

Some of our newer products are not yet on our website even though they have been on the market for awhile. We hope to remedy that soon.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Hey Don, why don't you share what you have that isn't on the website?

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Don and Karen are super folks. We have 3 EFA's and will order more as needed. Mason built his first ever osage selfbow last season and needed a quiver for it. One call to Don and he sent us a awesome Jumbo I with a leather osage colored insert that was the icing on the cake for Mason's bow. Fine folks and products !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Don is another from right here in NC and the pro shop where I worked part time for quite a while a few years back started selling some of EFAs quivers before I ever met Don (and I've known him quite a while). My point being that this is another product that I've watched grow right befor my eyes, you might say - started off a good product/seller at our shop, and has only improved. Don (and his pleasant, friendly wife Karen) are about as laid back and nice a couple as you'd want to meet. I've bought a slug of quality tabs off them (I like back ups) and spent a lot of time just "smoozing" with them at shoots - fine, good natured folks. I'm just glad he started keeping his shoes on when he shoots -       :D            ;)  

You know, I'm not even sure but what John Dill (whom I met through my boss and our shoots way back then) was the one who first brought Don's quivers to us -  with my memory I could be wrong though - just rambling I guess. Am i all mixed up, guys? Getting old ain't always easy some days -    :laughing:  Don's gonna be asking me if I'm "under the influence" - again   ;)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
I just got my third EFA and have no complaints.  I retrofitted my original EFA with the Talon system and they all stay secure. My last one, I talked to Don about getting something in grey and black to match my latest Shrew.  He put a black leather and grey shark skin together for me and I had it in a few days.  Looks great.  I like the light weight and small size and if anything, they improve my shooting.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Killdeer, do you still want a cordovan butt? I apologize for not having it with me at the tournaments. If you do than I can send it.

Apex Predator, I did take a couple of photos just before the sun went down. They aren't great but give an idea of what we're talking about.

First photo is one of three hood styles. The first one on the left is a Mega I(with three feathers), the second is a Navajo I (with the EFA logo), and the third is an Apache I (with three feathers).

Next photo is of a "Wing" attachment which we offer as an option for those wanting to change the arrow profile.

Next will be from the side I has the "Totem/Wing" combo.

This one is of the "Wing" attachment on a nice Hummingbird bow.

Last is the nice Striker bow that I currently shoot with the "Totem" and "Wing" features.  This is the ultimate in stability and convenience. It has a fixed length "Totem" dedicated to this bow and riser length. That's something we can do on a custom basis.

Hope that this answers some questions.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
I don't believe that I stated that the quiver on the Hummingbird doesn't have the "Totem" while the Striker bow does have. I cannot tell any difference in them on the bows but if they were taken off in a stand you would have the advantage of a one piece quiver with the "Totem".

It's been our policy to not charge Tradgang members for shipping in the USA. Just be sure that you indicate that you are a member.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
I wish I knew of the free shipping earlier!   :)

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
don is great to deal with, a++++ plus act all the way.
pick a spot stupid!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
This photo shows the difference between the standard gripper and the "Wing". It does get the fletch end of the arrows back into the profile of the bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©