3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ghillie suits?  (Read 287 times)

Offline machomanandysavage

• Trad Bowhunter
Ghillie suits?
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
Anyone use them, and how do they work for you? I've heard and read some good things and have been thinking about getting or making one. It's super thick where I hunt, but I have a lot of trails cut, and was thinking that maybe when the conditions are right I may be able to do some sneakin'.
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ghillie suits?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
They are great if you are in an area without a million briars or plants with thorns.  They catch on any thing sharp or sticky.   I love mine and you just have to slow down a bit in brushy areas.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
Search "ghillie" here on Pow Wow and you'll come up with a ton of info    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
I love mine, although I don't do any still-hunting in it... to much brush to catch on. They're great for just setting up on the ground though. I got the Rancho Safari jacket and pants, and although they work great, if I was going to do it again I'd just get their shaggy long coat. It would be handier. Had a mature 4X5 walk within 10yds of me last year, had nothing between me and him, and he never paid any attention to me.
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
I have 2, best camo there is, period! I was sitting under a oak tree last year, backed up against a grown up fencline, and had a small 8 pt come out and walk by me at 12 feet, thats feet, not yards. I also had a hen turkey walk into a natural blind with me and pick up acorns, brushing my leg while doing so. I dont know how it could get any better. I hunt 90% on the ground now, only drawback is every one I have seen is hot.
samuel koger

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
I will be using my this year for the 1st time in owning it for 3 years....I have a few places I need to hide in plain site....I have used one in the past(someone elses')...and they are amazing.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Swamp Preacher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Ameristep has a 3D Pancho that fits over whatever your wearing in hot or cold.  Picked mine up at Dick's last spring ($75) for turkey hunting.  Terrific concealment. If your traveling to a stand and don't want to snag it, take it off, roll it up and put in back of vest.  Put it on when you get to where your going.  Good for tree or ground. Store the pancho in a bag with cedar shavings and you go a long way to covering scent.
When a man walks in the fear of God he knows no fear, even if he 
were to be surrounded by wicked men. This makes him strong 
and able to take on anything, even things which seem difficult or 
impossible to most people. St. Symeon

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Mine is like that except it is attached to a boonie, it drapes over me like a poncho also. I will wear it over my leafy suit and should be concealed pretty good, I hope.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©