3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Meet Mr. Wile E. ....Update on page 3...  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Meet Mr. Wile E. ....Update on page 3...
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
Time for an update.

I've sat out a couple of nights a week for the last few weeks and haven't got a shot yet.  I've seen all sorts of critters, but haven't been able to get the coyote within an acceptable range.

A couple of nights ago, I had two coyotes within about 30 yards.  It was a full moon, so I could see pretty well.  They both came rushing in to a sqeaker call.  They got as close as 15 yards, but they were moving around way too fast to try a shot.  The new one has a lot of dark streaks on him and was running around with his/her left hind leg raised up from some sort of injury.

Last night, from about 30 yards, I watched a red fox and a grey fox chase each other around for over an hour.  They sure are funny little creatures.  They were yipping and growling and jumping over each other. I did see a coyote, but he was about 100 yards away and never came any closer.

I've only had time for a couple of early morning setups, and neither has been successful.  I think I got busted once, while I was trying to reposition myself.  I caught a glimpse of something running off from about 50 yards away, but wasn't sure of what I saw.

I'm picking up an electronic call this week, so that should increase my odds.  I keep you posted.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©