3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew Haven get's an addition  (Read 2285 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew Haven get's an addition
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
No...but remember he had to field dress a frozen solid deer out on the sand bar? I though you might come up with a ShrewHaven Model Husquavarna that day ;0)

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
Awesome pictures and stories gentleman.  Takes me back to memories of the "old days of deer camp" in New England my Grandad and Father used to tell me about.

Offline Pete Arthur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
Ahhh.. what beautiful pictures of the Northwoods! In my opinion, there is nothing like a Northwoods Deer Camp. I can smell the smoke from the woodstove and feel the chill in the air..
Thanks to Ron and his friends for sharing these. Come on Fall!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
We eat good to...lamb, twice baked potatoes, some kind of damned vegetables, and the Ron LaClair signature brand of Mint Jelly!!

Offline JDeanP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
Man, now Im hungry again. That looks like some fine eats.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Great youtube link Ron thanks for sharing.

Look forward to this thread every day. Thanks!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Roger that lamb looks overcooked....    :nono:

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
only recognizable by the mint jelly....

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris 2:
We eat good to...some kind of damned vegetables,

Now that right there about the veggies is funny!  :knothead:    :bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Ron says we have to have more than just meat and potatoes in camp, otherwise scurvy sets in.  I believe those "dammed veggies" are cucumbers and tomatoes marinated in greek salad dressing with a little feta cheese tossed in.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
"Ron says we have to have more than just meat and potatoes in camp, otherwise scurvy sets in. I believe those "dammed veggies" are cucumbers and tomatoes marinated in greek salad dressing with a little feta cheese tossed in."

I love that specific 'dammned veggie' dish!  Mmmmm...  Eat it most days of the summer.  Feta is awesome!!

Of course at Shrewhaven I imagine bold wines and aged cheese might be a hit...  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
A flirtatious little bourbon does ok as well....  :bigsmyl:

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
As a pastor, I know that envy and jealousy are sins but you guys provoke me!!! As a fellow Michigander who has been blessed to be part of a 30year U.P. deer camp, I know firsthand about the memories you guys are creating. God bless you and may many more be made. Have a great season, guys.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
As a pastor, I know that envy and jealousy are sins but you guys provoke me!!! As a fellow Michigander who has been blessed to be part of a 30year U.P. deer camp, I know firsthand about the memories you guys are creating. God bless you and may many more be made. Have a great season, guys.  
God has blessed us in many ways over the years. First with providing such a beautiful place to enjoy his creation. Second with great friends to share it with and lastly with an abundance of game to harvest.

I wish all of our Trad Gang friends could spend some time at out table and enjoy first hand the stories in the evening by the fire. Through this site this is as close as we can come to sharing with all of you.    :campfire:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
It is impossible for me to walk or drive through that little valley (the picture from a few posts back) without pausing to give thanks.

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Awesome pictures, what great camp. I grew up in Wisconsin and it never fails, this time of year, to get that northwoods deer camp itch.

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
2006 was the year that Tim had an operation on his foot that required crutches. He wasn't about to let it keep him from coming to Shrew Haven and hunting that year.

He brought his Northwoods Hidden Hunter blind and Roger helped him find a spot where he had a good chance for a close shot. After a couple sits at that location in the thick brush he finley got the chance he was waiting for. Tim said the deer only made it a little over 30yd's before piling up. He tried to get to it on the crutches but it was so thick that he had to crawl dragging the crutch and his bow. He managed to get the deer dressed out then waited for Roger to pick him up after dark and drag his deer out to the trail.

Reminds me of the time many years ago when I had my bow arm in a full length cast and hunted with my bow by shooting with my foot.

Nothings impossible if you've got enough determination....    :archer2:  

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
2006 was also the year that little Dolly my beagle ran off a bear that had been hanging around camp. Greg Nicolaou had came to camp early that year before the rest of us. He killed a deer and had it hanging on the pole. When we got in camp he told us about the bear that had started hanging around and he was afraid it was going to get his deer.

The first evening just at dusk I went to let Dolly out. I walked out behind her and as soon as she walked out on the front porch of the cabin she let out with a bawl and jumped off the porch headed for the deer pole. I saw the black shape of the bear who evidently was after Gregs deer as he tore off into the brush and headed for the swamp. I called Dolly back and praised her for being so brave. We didn't have any more trouble with the bear that week, I guess he didn't want anything to do with the vicious bear dog that we had in camp.....
   :D

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
That is a meat pole.

What is your dog's name Ron?
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
Ron, we got 23 more days till season opens here in TN. Right now the only thing keeping us alive is this thread ! Keep it coming Shrewhaven inhabitants. 95 degrees here today, ughhhhhh !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©