3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew Haven get's an addition  (Read 2291 times)

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew Haven get's an addition
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
A 30 day weekend in that place would still be way too short!!

Very nice digs Ron!

Eric

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Great camp Ron !!!

Just one question...How does a guy join the club  :)

Thank you for sharing all of it........
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
Just one question...How does a guy join the club  
Do you have any special talents that may be beneficial to the camp?

We currently have two professional contractors that come complete with all the equipment, power saws, nail guns ect. for building and repair. We have a professional Chef that can cook and serve a five coarse meal like you'd expect to get in the fanciest restaurant, A desert chef that can make apple pies from scratch that you'll swear were make by your Grandmother, another cook whose specialty is roast pig or lamb. Then we have a couple of grunts that love to carry water up from the creek and tote wood and tend the fire

Then there's me that doesn't have any special talent except to see that everyone else does their job.   :readit:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
Ron my wife has a magnet on the fridge that sez....... " Team Effort...... a lot of people doing what I say ! " If I find another one like that I will send it to ya for the Shrew Haven fridge.
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Warren Cowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Ron, I know that is a deer camp, but I could live there full time.I"am enjoying the Pics. keep them coming.
Warren Cowen

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Nice Ron, enjoy!    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:     todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline JDeanP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Camp is looking good, Ron. I've had great hunts from camps that were, uh, sup-par, but its the crew you're there with that make the experience. When you have a great crew and a great camp its difficult not to have an excellent time.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Quote:  "Then there's me that doesn't have any special talent except to see that everyone else does their job    :readit:   "

Sadly I withdraw my application. It seems my position has been filled   :(  

Two of us in one camp would be more than anyone could bare    :laughing:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
My special talent....I am a Ron LaClair trained fire tender. While the rest of our crew snores through the night, I sleep in front of the stove, awaking every 96 minutes (exactly) to rake the coals FORWARD and lay 3 8 inch oak logs, front to back into the stove. The fire has NEVER gone out on my watch!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Roger keeps this picture pinned over his bunk. He's a great fire tender...the only person besides myself that does it right..  

This is one of those stoves that can be open like a fireplace or the doors closed to keep the fire burning for long periods. That's my old Lazy Boy Chair by the stove. Sometimes as a reward for good behavior I'll let someone sit there.       :campfire:      

One day, when Ray was baking apple pies from scratch he made a special pie extra sweet just for me.

This was his reward. Yes, that's snow you see through the window.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Dang Ron, I think you have those guys trained very well. Nothing like deer camp in November.
Out Door Dan

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
Yep, not a lot of camps have rolling pins and pie cutters as part of the utensils  ;) .  The pies must be started at 425 degrees to get a golden crust for about 15 minutes and then turned down to 325 for another 35 minutes to allow the Northern Spie apples from my parents apple farm to slowly cook to perfection and soak up the butter, cinnamon and brown sugars.  I put up a few tart cherries in the freezer from this summer so the boys will get a taste of cherrie pie for the first time this fall, but rest assured there will be apple pie too.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »
It's funny to watch whomever is crashing in Rons chair come alive and scamper when we hear his diesle truck coming up the trail....   :bigsmyl:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
It's funny to watch whomever is crashing in Rons chair come alive and scamper when we hear his diesle truck coming up the trail....   :bigsmyl:  

I can always tell when someone's been in my chair. The old Lazy Boy has broken down to the point where it has formed to my body. When another body changes that form I can tell as soon as I get in it. Nobody will fess up to being in my chair so I'm working on differentiating (big word) the body forms of everyone so I can tell who's been deforming my chair without permission....   :biglaugh:

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
I imagine many of us have our own little "haven" where we go to hunt year after year. However, Shrew Haven seems to be a very special place that only gets better with age -- like Ron himself.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Ron, I should point out now that Tim has the exact same body form as I do. So it was Tim. I was pealing apples for Ray.

Ray, I am SO glad you will be there this year. It truly isn't the same without you buddy.

One of the side benefits of our great crew is the knowledge base....I'm no rookie at this, I'm 47 and have been bowhunting all of my life. But when I'm in camp I tend to shut my mouth and listen. I have learned more about good old woodsmanship in the last several years than I had absorbed in my whole life prior to cooking up with the Shrew Crew. I love it dearly.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
Tell me again Roger, how DID you manage to "cook" up with us?..My memory isn't what it use to be...   :confused: .....

:D

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
A great looking place with some great photos. Gotta be a good time for all.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
Always enjoy your photos Ron. Are the nights in the UP like they say in Escanaba In Da Moonlight  :) ??
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©