3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->  (Read 5281 times)

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »
Are you bringing the howard hill again this year jim? How have you and dylan been? This will be my third year at this hunt, and everyone has been absolutley great to be around. Even if I never shoot a deer at this hunt I will always show up just for the comrodary and goodtimes. Although I believe there is going to be some deer taken this year. For most of us we have been down there enough to figure out some good spots and we also try to set up good spot for first timers. Can't wait to see you all!
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
Howdy everybody. I'm gonna be offline for 10 days taking a little vacation out west (not hunting) so I won't be responding to anything until I get back.

That aside I had a thought, instead of everyone buying 5$ bundles of firewood, what if we pooled up for a truck or a cord of wood and had it delivered to the campsite the first day of the hunt?

There is a guy up here doing 150$ for a 8ft truck bed of seasoned but doesn't deliver that far. Just seeing that ad got my gears going...

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
That sounds like a good idea to me if we can find some one to deliver it.

Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
If I can make it I will load up a bundle of slab wood and bring it. I would pitch in on a truck load too. Either or.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by celticknot:
Are you bringing the howard hill again this year jim? How have you and dylan been? This will be my third year at this hunt, and everyone has been absolutley great to be around. Even if I never shoot a deer at this hunt I will always show up just for the comrodary and goodtimes. Although I believe there is going to be some deer taken this year. For most of us we have been down there enough to figure out some good spots and we also try to set up good spot for first timers. Can't wait to see you all!
HH - absolutely!  It's my only bow and I figure it's just a matter of time until I figure out how to shoot it straight.   :D

Dylan plans to be there as well. He's doing great for a frail, sickly little guy.  Heh.

I'm with you on the camp.  I'd like to zap a deer there one of these days but the point of being there is the people, the camp and the hunt - not just meat.  Should be a blast again!

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Re: firewood - we'd be glad to pitch in as well.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey guys. Its legal to cut up fallen wood on public property I have a big truck and a big cjainsaw. We can spend tuesday aftermoon colecting firewood.

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
We have always had enough wood in the past, I think it'll be fine. I just can't see paying for wood when it is readily available. I will bring some from my buddies place in Muskingum County.

Also, you ARE ALLOWED to transport firewood from the following counties since there is no quarenteen in these counties;  Muskingum, Athens, Washington, Vinton, Lawrence, Gallia, Tuscarawas, Stark, Jefferson, Carroll, Columbiana, Bellmont, Guernsey, Noble and Jackson.

Additionally, if your firewood IS NOT coming out of quarenteened areas of Ohio, Michigan or Indiana it is fine. (IE; Vermont wood is fine)

Please refer to the following web addresses to check your county/state if you like;

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/explore/firewoodalert/tabid/230/Default.aspx  

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/forests/StateForestsRecreation/tabid/5622/Default.aspx

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm not a smart man Jenny. Does this all mean that I can not bring some of the 200' hickory tree that fell in my Summit co. back yard? It's not Ash but I dont want to contribute to this problem. I hug trees all day at work but I like to be warm too.
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Camp site A is loaded with slat wood just have to pick through it! We won't use it all at the Squirrel hunt if we can help it!   :campfire:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Like I said I'm bringing my chain saw so we can cut some up.
 I figure we'll have plenty. As long as we don't have big ole whit man fires we should be fine.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
White man fires rule! Read my signature line!

:biglaugh:

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Housten we may have a problem     :laughing:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Sorry Charlie, I won't be bringing any firewood from VT for you to burn any appendages.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
I have cut and split 2 cords of wood since saturday and have only been out 2 times to do it. Stop talking about firewood. It makes my body hurt. Oh wait it is hurting right now.
Ibprophen is my friend. So has everyone been shooting their bows? I know I haven't. But thats changing tomorrow and every day after that, that I can.

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »
WHAT??? are you out of your mind? . . sorry, yes I shoot every chance I get. Im lucky though back yard range so its just a walk outside. I'll never be a world class archer but I love to shoot a bow.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:00 AM »
I have been doing nothing but hauling and shoveling dirt for 2 weeks. Leveling my backyard so it won't flood anymore. Some shooting but not enough.....

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I shot at shoots all summer so I have been shooting but now that shoots are over with I have to get my but outside and do It.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
Another ton and a half of dirt shoveled tonight... no shooting. Almost done and then time to get ready... arrows to fletch and broadheads to sharpen.

:archer:

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Charlie, do you need me to bring my tractor over again?
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©