3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->  (Read 5279 times)

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Rob looking forward to seeing your mug again!   :laughing:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Man I was freekin on tonight! It felt soooooo good. Droping 4" groups at 23 yards. Felt GREAT!! Only hope I can do that when it counts   :archer2:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
Good job Drummer!
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
It will be a fun time as usual. Lookin forward to seeing you to Mike
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »

Took this with my phone, lovin it! Oh and yes Its a deer standing in the tall grass cuz the legs gave out about a year ago    :banghead:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Poor thing! I'm glad you put it out of it's misery.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
looks like you put it out of it misery a few times over. LOL So you bringin your dog to the deer hunt again drummer? How's miranda been? So who did vern come with last year?
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Irish,
Vern came with BG hunter(Jim).

TO those who asked for maps.... I wish I wasn't so d$%mn busy right now. I haven't been able to do anything other than get this yard taken care of before I run out of time(too much rain/wet weather). I have been trying to find time to get those aerial maps labeled and mailed, but it looks like it will still have to wait at least a few more days. I plan to finish up work on the yard and cutting wood today, then I will get maps out ASAP. Also, I should have the shirts soon. Talk with ya'all later.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
I wish I lived closer Charlie, I'd really love to do some yard work!   :bigsmyl:

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
finally got outside to shoot for a bit today. Wasn't hittin the broadside of a barn for a bit then just tightened it all up and was slayin foam. Is anyone planing on coming down before tuesday? I will be there on fridaynight unless I have to go trick or treating with my soon to be daughter.

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Question: Is small game hunting covered by the non-res hunting liscence, or is there a seperate tag similiar to the deer tag?

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Are you getting the full year non res licence? If so everything is covered except fur barrers that you would normally trap. You can shoot rabbits squirrels quail phesant ground hawgs grouse dove wild hogs coyote and (crow on fri sat sun). you can hunt all of those with just your license. Deer turkey waterfowl and furbearing animals all require tags or permits.

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
Yes Irish I will most likely be bringing the dog this year. Miranda is fine, She is 11 now and starting to get into girl stuff. She still loves to shoot her bow but has lots of other things as well. I think I liked it better when it was all mudd and toads but I still come home from work and find her that way in the back yard sometimes. Wont be too much longer before its; really dad?, ewww

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Celtic, is there a cheaper, certain time period liscence? I checked the DNR page and the 3day (tourist) liscence wasn't good for deer.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
not that I know of. We really need to do something about that. I hope the price doesn't deture you from coming. If there is anything else I can help with give me a hollar.

Drummer just keep focused on the fact that she is going to be talking to boys soon. If you can just keep them away and her away from them for the rest of your life you'll be okay. Best bet is to just tell her that all they want to do is kill her and sell her organs on the black market. Yeah that should do just fine. LMAO

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
No, I had planned on the Non-res liscence, but the way you phrased your comment I thought I was missing another kind of liscence.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
nope just need your non res license. only need tags or permits for fur bearers, deer turkey or waterfowl. whish are all pretty cheap.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Hunting in Ohio is a pretty decent deal compared to other states.

I finally finished all the wood splitting and backfilling. Everything on my body hurts, but at least I'm breathing. 7 hours of splitting/stacking today and 8 hours of hauling and shoveling yesterday.

Now I can focus on getting those maps out, buying my deer tag, fletching some arrows, shootin, gluing up broadheads and some quick scouting! I'm ready for Saturday to get here and even more ready for November.  :saywhat:

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
GOOD THATS WHAT I"M GONNA DO WITH MY SOON TO BE DAUGHTER!

Offline Squirrelbane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
drummer - that pic of the deer target looks like something off the Simmons shark site

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©