3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->  (Read 5253 times)

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
2 weeks away try n to get things in order around here cant wait. anybody plan on stay n longer.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
I'm' looking forward to seeing you Jim!   :D
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline Somersetstickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
bg, if I make it down, I may be staying at least Sunday night.
If a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he will learn more than what is in books. - George Washington Carver

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
yes Mike look n foward to seeing u again. Is your whole gang coming down this year. Sorry i missed your shoots this year been working lots to be able to get hunting time off.

Somers ill plan on staying till then can stay till monday ar tue.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
I am still planning on Tues night to Sun morning. Have to leave by 10 am Sunday since my daughter has a banquet I didn't know about until the other day. Can't wait to see you all. I will get the signs mnade up shortly. They will hopefully hold up better than the previous years!

Jim and Tony,

Can you guys put up a sign or two when you get there? I think Greg (VT'er) may beat me there  Tuesday and I don't want him getting lost. Not that you would Greg.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Hey jim and tony. I will be setting up the saturday before. When will yall be there?
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
Matt i will either b down there tue or wed. but can stay till the following tue. whish i could b there earlier have to work tue.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Irish,

Can you bring a sign or two to help those that come earlier than me. Be there Tuesday night.

Had a poacher come into my local hunting spot tonight. He left in a hurry when he saw me, but left his stand up in the tree. I have to check with the farmer to be sure, but no one is supposed to be in there except me. That stand is headed for the police station ASAP.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
During our squirrel hunt we had done quite a bit of scouting, the general condenses was this would be a great Deer season! can't wait!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
yeah I'll see what I can do. Have alot to get together before then. I only have 33.5 hours until my surgery. Not very excited. I 'm trying to get a new dozen arrows done before the hunt and half a dozen grizzlys sharpened, so that should keep me busy. I got my wood burning stove for my tent today and am excited to use it.

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Remember bring plenty of food for those who may be short, or only bring hot dogs and pringles, Charlie! LOL Not it's just nice to be able to share a meal from time to time.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
I gotta see what the wife is fixin for me to bring this year. Her food don't seem to last long.
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
I'll bring real food this time! I just like hunting, not cooking and cleaning. I do tons of that at home. I guess I can suffer through a bit of it this year. Matt is the real chef, but I will have to coddle him with his bad ticker!  :biglaugh:  

Anyway, we'll all have plenty enough to eat cuz I got my shooting issues squared away. It seems that you can't just forget everything that is important about shooting your bow when deer show up and expect good results. I am now sending practice shots out of my stand as soon as I get up and it has helped a million percent.  I likely woulda had one dead to rights Saturday if not for that stinking poacher.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
well I'm out of the hospital and have been sleeping most of the day. I am sore and not very mobile.

Charlie I will probably be down this weekend. I may have to ask you to help me set up the majority of my camp because i'm not supposed to lift anything heavy.

I'm gonna try to get the majority of my stuff finsih in the next 2 days.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Matt,

Glad to hear all went well. Are you planning on staying from this weekend through next? Call me about details.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
If anyone wants to come down this weekend get a hold of me ASAP. I would like to come down Friday to set up my stuff and hunt all day Saturday plus Sunday morning. I don't, however, want to leave any of my gear unattended for Sunday afternoon, all day Monday and most of Tuesday until I get back to camp. If someone is there, I will set up and leave some of my stuff.

Depending on what responses I get, we may open camp earlier than I thought!  :thumbsup:  

FYI: I will not be able to be in camp Sun afternoon through Tues evening.

My number is 614-209-8568 if you want to set something up for coming early. You can call anytime between 4pm and 9:15pm.

:campfire:

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Anyone planning on making it down this weekend? I could use some company sunday night thru tuesday morning.

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2010, 04:21:00 AM »
Sorry Matt whish i could but have to work tue morning. plan on b n donw there wed around 12.

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
Where will I be able to buy a hunting liscence, Cumberland?
Can someone double check the water situation there this weekend at that pump?
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
:(  I really wanted to come on this hunt but, personal and financial issues have arose that are beyond my control. If my situation changes I may show up for a day or two but it don't look good at this point.
Thank you all and best of luck to the group.  Be sure to take pics and post them so I may live vicariously through your adventures!  :saywhat:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©