3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->  (Read 5254 times)

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Hey VTer, try this link out and see if any of these are along your route:  Licensing  

(Edit - probably not going to make it out this afternoon afterall.)

Sorry to see your post Osagetree, hopefully things turn favorable and you can make it for that day or two!

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
Thanks Sticks, looks like Wal-mart will work.  BTW, is there Sunday hunting?
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
... aaaand it looks as though Dylan and I will be spending less time there than planned.  He works and has school Thursday, has an event w/ the USMC on Saturday and may have to work part of the day Friday.

We may get there in time for a short hunt Friday evening and dinner / campfire but not much more than that.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
vter, yes you can hunt 7 days a week. I don't know what I'm doing yet. Got caught in the tornado tuesday and rolled my semi. I'm still pretty sore. I'll be there but don't know when or how long. Dad is wanting to go down to. He's 82 so don't know how that will work out. I love  spending time with him.
He just bought me a primos vision blind so he can go.
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
Buckeye hunter aka charlie and I are already here and hunting. I'm still pretty beat up from my surgery. I saved you room for your tent tony. Well I'm sorry to here some of you won't be able to make it or won't be able to spend as much time as hoped. Hope things change for the better
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Are you guys having warmer than normal temps out there right now? The 10 day forcast looks real nice for camping   :thumbsup:   Getting stuff together to throw in the truck in the next day. I decide to scale down my campsite and bring my smaller tent to save on weight and set-up time. I'm not sure I'll make it there with daylight so I might end up sleeping in my truck the 1st night.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
BTW, what's the cell service like and Charlie, is that your cell or house #?

- Doug Lawson.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Cell service in and near camp is nonexistent.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
We've had some pretty cold nights in the past.   This year it looks like low 30s at night and 50s in the day.  Not too bad.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Weather is about average for the hunt, cold mornings warm afternoons and decent night. That is charlies cell. If you need to reach him I would try sometine tonight or anytime after 4 mon or tues. Cell service in camp is nonexistant have to go on the big hill. Vter if you don't get down in time to set up you can throw your cot in my big tent with me. I have a wood burning stove. I'll only be checking this maybe twice a day so I'll try to answer any ?'S as soon as I can. I would post a pic but don't think I could do it from my phone even if I really wanted to. See yall soon.

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the tent offer Celtic. I am still wondering about the water pump? I'd hate to lug a bunch of water from VT for nothing.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Vter. I will check on it tonight. If you have a water jug you can bring I have a friend who lives about 7 miles away that I could get water from. I have a 6 gallon jug. But I'll check the pump as soon as I get back tonight. Vter when are you headed down this way?

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
I will be leaving 3ish early tuesday morning. I am planning on bringing a jug, but if you could check the pump tonight, that would be great.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
To everyone. You may want to bring a boom stick that flings shot. I jumped 3 roughed grouse today. They came into season oct 9th. Woo hoo! Something to do in between deer hunting. Lol

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Vter I checked the water, it's very rusty tasting but other than that seems fine to me. I have used it in the past. Bring your water jug though and I'll fill it up at my buddies place or we can just use mine.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
First morning had 8 deer near my stand. Shoulda had a doe, but made a rookie mistake. Will post some pics tomorrow early as I can.

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
Thanks Matt! Charlie, looking forward to pics. Got to go to work today and pack when I get home, but I'll check in before I leave.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Well I saw 3 bucks and 2 does this morning and 2 of the bucks were with in 15 yards but stupid me had to go get ancy and went to the struck to get my .22 to shoot the bajillion squirrels around me. Well on the way back to where I was sitting I ran into a small 6 pointer who seemed rather confused as to why we were both walking in the same field. Then a little later I had a very small spike that split come up the hill right next to me. So good morning.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Well I saw 3 bucks and 2 does this morning and 2 of the bucks were with in 15 yards but stupid me had to go get ancy and went to the struck to get my .22 to shoot the bajillion squirrels around me. Well on the way back to where I was sitting I ran into a small 6 pointer who seemed rather confused as to why we were both walking in the same field. Then a little later I had a very small spike that split come up the hill right next to me. So good morning. Getting out the gun wasn't such a bad idea seeing as I will have a decent dinner tomorrow.  :)

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Well I saw 3 bucks and 2 does this morning and 2 of the bucks were with in 15 yards but stupid me had to go get ancy and went to the struck to get my .22 to shoot the bajillion squirrels around me. Well on the way back to where I was sitting I ran into a small 6 pointer who seemed rather confused as to why we were both walking in the same field. Then a little later I had a very small spike that split come up the hill right next to me. So good morning. Getting out the gun wasn't such a bad idea seeing as I will have a decent dinner tomorrow.  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©