3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->  (Read 5263 times)

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>>>----2010 Ohio Traditional Deer Hunt Thread---->
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
I'll be there! I would have chimed in sooner ,but my connection is so slow it took me 3 days to catch up!   :saywhat:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Oh! I think Vernon went back to the DARK SIDE!   "[dntthnk]"
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
Mike,

Nothing I can do on the shirts bud, order went in last Thursday.

Sticks,
Never been there...

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Phillip's sounds great! I assume this is the place?
 http://www.phillipsmeats.com/deerprocessingfees.html

Both this and Ron's sound like good spots to me, just need to harvest enough for the 2011 campfire!  :)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
That's Phillips alright! They make VERY good summer sausage/trail bologna. I had half a deer made into it once by them. Excellent quality and vacuum packaging.

I sure hope we cut out some backstraps ourselves and cook them right there this year! I also have a friend that would let me come over to his house to hang and cut up a deer, but I don't know if he would let too many other people. We have cut up, ground, canned and packaged our own deer previously at his house south of Zanesville.

I'm already having trouble getting to sleep. Two more months of this?

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Yeah charlie 2 more months! I can't take it. I can put up a sign on monday at T13 so everyone will find it. But its kinda hard to miss. I believe it is exactly 6 miles south of cumberland on the left so start looking to your left a mile 5. I will be down on friday night to hunt a buddies property that is just a few minutes away. I will set up camp with everyone at the hunt on tuesday afternoon. I will be bringing a full iron camp cook set and everyone is free to use it as long as they respect it. I usually cook more food than I could ever eat and am always willing to share. I will have a few hardy breakfasts pre made and a few big dinners pre made. So bring your appitite. I can't hunt on twigs and berry's (or pringles and hotdogs) buckeye. I'm so excited!!!!!
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
Its the only intersection with a light on. That stupid little light has saved my butt year after year. Why does time go so slow when it comes to this sort of thing. Oh it flew by last weekend but nooo. Had to foam fill the old deer target last night. Ive been knockin the crap out of it, look out deer.  :archer2:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline bghunter76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Time is go n so slow now that i know that i'm go n hunting. look foward to meet up with everybody again. and meet n some new people again. Been reading lots of oasges post and ready to see some of his bows in person

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
I was able to print off a few aerials at work. Not the best quality, but I will mark them and send out to those that requested.

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Drummer,
What kind of foam do you use? My 3D deer target is getting fairly ragged.

VT'er,
No problem! Like I said, the aerials are kinda small and not the best, but you will get a general idea. I will also write up a basic description of each stand site telling what is there. Such as; if it is a ridge, logging road, funnel or Oaks. That sort of thing.

Shoot straight fellas,

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Drummer@Home:
Gracies is in Cumberland, correct. It tends to be our go to place for snacks and adult liquid beverages. Scouting from the road is tough there as the topo changes quickly. This is reclaimed mining land, depending on what has taken place in the past or distant past the woods can change in a hurry. The deer like it though    :thumbsup:   but it can get tough on us ground hunters.
They also have decent burgers/fries etc. for lunch.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
I would love to give this a try, but I have an invite to hunt a friends property on the West side of Michigan.  It is gonna be prime rutting time up here then.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Chuck I use the cheep-o great stuff spray foam. There are a bunch of threads on how to do it. It aint tuff, hec if I can do it, it aint tuff. I have fixed this one 3 times now. A little spay paint and its back to brown again. Its not the same foam and doesnt last as long but a much better price than a new one  :thumbsup:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
I'm gonna try to make it down there.  Don't know for sure yet.  Yall ain't gonna make fun of my Georgia accent are ya.  :goldtooth:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
I have lived in ohio my whole life and have been asked what part of the south I'm from. LOL you'll be fine pardner.
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Online VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by HATCHCHASER:
I'm gonna try to make it down there.  Don't know for sure yet.  Yall ain't gonna make fun of my Georgia accent are ya.    
Maybe!   :bigsmyl:
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Not unless you make fun of my NE Ohio accent.....

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
I've been coming up here hunting for 13 years.  I can handle the ribbing with the best of em.  I just happend to take a job this summer in Cleveland.  My wife has family in Howland and that is where we found a house to rent.  I am pretty stoked about getting to hunt some of these spots for more than a week this year.  Hope I can make it to meet some of my fellow tradgangers.  Sounds like a good time.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
Well, if you don't make fun of Charlie's NE Ohio accent, I'm gonna!  Georgia accent though - nah, you'll be just fine.

:D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©