3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One piece recurves  (Read 825 times)

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
One piece recurves
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
I shoot a three piece takedown recurve that I got when I realized that my dad's kodiak magnum was just to small for my 30inch draw.  I like the bow but realized I haven't hardly taken the thing down since I got it!  Which has me thinking it would be nice to have a one piece recurve for hunting locally and the three piece as a travel bow.  So are any of you guys shooting more modern one piece recurves?  What are some bows to look at.  I know that robertson, blacktail, blackwidow, and even Mr. LaClair make them.  And I like the simplicity of the riser in their models.  What else is out there?

Offline JJ1956

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One piece recurves
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
I sent you a PM

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
RER ARROYO are great shooters. And I know that the 54" can be drawn to 29" with no problems and is very smooth. So I would think out to 30" would be ok. www.rerbows.com
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
If you want a super smooth shooter,thats got a high performance limb design and graceful lines I would take a hard look at Ancient Spirits Thunderhawk.I draw 30 inches and its my favorite 1 piece curve.I got the 64 inch 1.Its the lenght i would highly recommend for you.I have had alot of 1 piece curves.I am especially fond of them for their clean lines and this one is my favorite!Especially for a 30 inch draw or more.Starting price is 500$s.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
Rivers Edge Recurves they are one of the top one or two one pieces out ther right now. Their Arroyo is a awesome, very quick, quiet and a dream to shoot! I shoot a 54"er and draw jsut 29"s. I would get the 58"er if ya draw 29"s or more. Shawn
Shawn

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Lewis Hollow is nice one , if he can work ya in!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
I'll Throw out another vote for the RER Arroyo. Fast quiet smooth! What more could you ask for. Along with the fantastic customer service....You can't loose.

LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Charlie Cole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Saxon Hawk will blow you- and your black widow- away.(shameless plug for classified ad....)

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
I shot a Martin Dreamcatcher once and was quite impressed.

John

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
There are a whole lot of one piece recurve makers out there. If you have a grip style that suits you best I would work from there because just about everyone makes a good bow nowadays.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I agree on the beauty of the clean lines on a one piece bow.  That's part of the draw towards one.  I'm still in the research gathering phase, so it'll be a while before I put down my deposit on one.  But I'll be looking at all these bows and more!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
Check out RoseOak bows.

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
A few weeks ago I got one of Mark Horne's Mountain Bows that I am more impressed with each time I shoot it.  Very fast, smooth, and stable.  I have always shot longbows so I opted for the Mountain bow which is more like a longbow riser.  My mountain bow is one of the quietest bows I have shot.  If you are a recurve shooter you might prefer his Ridgerunner one piece recurve which has a little more meat in the riser and more of a recurve style grip.  Check out his website, there is no doubt Mark knows what he is doing and his workmanship is outstanding.

Offline Panzer I

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
CHEK-MATE

Offline brackshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
I second the rose oaks, there are still a few on sale in the sponsers classifieds, great deals.  Best shooting bow I ever shot.

brack

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
After yesterday & shooting Vermonster's 54" Shrew, I have to question Dave's previous statement:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"There are a whole lot of one piece recurve makers out there. If you have a grip style that suits you best I would work from there because just about everyone makes a good bow nowadays."

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
Martin Dreamcatcher is a hard one to beat.

Offline Rodd Szmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »
Here's another vote for RER Arroyo. I just bought one last saturday. I now own 6. You will not be disappointed with an RER.

Good Luck with your search!

Rodd

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
Here's a pic of a RER ARROYO 54". I gotta say if I was a recurve shooter this would be the one.
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline warbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
I have to have to agree with Mr. Cole. The Saxon Hawk I own is the best performing recurve I own. Lately I have been more into Hybred Longbows for whitetail hunting. Although if I ever get a chance to hunt for large game it would be my go to bow. The Saxon hawk recurve will cast a heavy grain arrow better than any other bow I own. It has a similiar design to a asian horsebow crossed with a modern recurve. Randy builds it with what he calls a Turkish set back handle with the belly lams under layers of glass and hardwood laminations making up the back of the grip/handle area. This design seems create energy in the power stroke of a higher poundage bow than it actually is. Comes with the price tag like many other high end bows.
A man has to have a code, a way of life to live by.
John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©